• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Upgrade now email with app install? Scam or legit?

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi All,

I hold an AU LIT card.
I recently got an email from " support@creditsausmallfinance.in" and it Said free upgrade to my card.

However on clicking the link, it asks me to download a apk ( app to be installed).

Here is the link: http://ausmallfinance.co.in/

I already have the Au Bank app so I was wondering why I needed to download another one.

This seemed fishy so I stopped here.

Today I received a call from someone claiming to be from AU Bank and she said you would've got an email for limit enhancement and not card upgrade, please check it's pre approved.

Then when I said I didn't receive for LE and I got for card upgrade, she said yeah card upgrade click on that and download the app. It will give you offers.

Again it seemed fishy, so I disconnected.

Any idea if this is a scam or legit? Anyone has faced this who can comment?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_151352_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_151352_Email.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 32

Rdspam

TF Premier
Likely fake. The banner also seems to be old as it does not feature their Zenith Plus card.

Be careful, among all banks, I’ve noticed that AU bank customers are targeted the most by credit card scam callers. I’ve myself have received a few of them claiming to be AU employees.

I think AU bank must be having a serious data privacy problem the fact that scammers are getting access to their records.

the_collector

TF Premier
Possible scam

Heard similar incident where an AU fake app was installed which asked for sms and phone permission so they could fetch otps directly

Likely fake. The banner also seems to be old as it does not feature their Zenith Plus card.

Be careful, among all banks, I’ve noticed that AU bank customers are targeted the most by credit card scam callers. I’ve myself have received a few of them claiming to be AU employees.

I think AU bank must be having a serious data privacy problem the fact that scammers are getting access to their records.

Its scam , be careful! Dont install such apps

100% scam. Avoid
This is a serious cause of concern. The sophistication with which the person spoke almost made me believe she's from the bank.

Moreover, she knew my exact full name and email which really makes me think about AUs data handling

AR80

TF Buzz
It's scam. Last week I too received a call from a lady claiming to be AU bank employee for credit card rewards redemption and shared me a link to go for reward redemption. After seeing the link, I was suspicious and immediately disconnected the call.

Rdspam

TF Premier
It's scam. Last week I too received a call from a lady claiming to be AU bank employee for credit card rewards redemption and shared me a link to go for reward redemption. After seeing the link, I was suspicious and immediately disconnected the call.
I got the same call too. They are very convincing. Another call I would often get was for limit enhancement on my AU card.

AU bank seriously needs a beat down from the RBI for their data handling and privacy

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I hold an AU LIT card.
I recently got an email from " support@creditsausmallfinance.in" and it Said free upgrade to my card.

However on clicking the link, it asks me to download a apk ( app to be installed).

Here is the link: http://ausmallfinance.co.in/

I already have the Au Bank app so I was wondering why I needed to download another one.

This seemed fishy so I stopped here.

Today I received a call from someone claiming to be from AU Bank and she said you would've got an email for limit enhancement and not card upgrade, please check it's pre approved.

Then when I said I didn't receive for LE and I got for card upgrade, she said yeah card upgrade click on that and download the app. It will give you offers.

Again it seemed fishy, so I disconnected.

Any idea if this is a scam or legit? Anyone has faced this who can comment?
Don't install any app from any third party other than the Banks official app...
Period...