• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone with IDFC First WOW CC got any unsecured IDFC CC?

ccgeek07

TF Premier
Few months back I took IDFC First Wow Credit Card by booking an FD. Now when I try to apply for Unsecured CC (trying to apply for Wealth CC), after entering the mobile number and OTP, it's not allowing to apply. Displays "Sorry we can't proceed".

When I contacted Customer Care, one of the representative said since I have a secured card (Wow card) the system will allow to apply only if there's an offer.
I also tried with a different mobile number after entering OTP, it allowed me to next step but later shown as another application in process.

Anyone faced this kind of issue or know the solution?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No pre approved offer only for wow secured one.
Did A fd of 25k only. After the card was approved I instantly tried for power plus card and was shown 34k limit which is enough for me. I went ahead with the process and power card was approved instantly as well.
I recieved both cards today and might close wow card in future.
Seems a hack ! Has this actually worked for any else here ? Kindly share or advise !

Also, how did you try to apply for the power+ card after getting the wow card ? Was it through the app using the same mobile number linked to the wow card ?

Also, was the power+ shown as pre-approved after the wow card was approved ?

Thanks in advance.

ajaysn22

TF Buzz
Seems a hack ! Has this actually worked for any else here ? Kindly share or advise !

Also, how did you try to apply for the power+ card after getting the wow card ? Was it through the app using the same mobile number linked to the wow card ?

Also, was the power+ shown as pre-approved after the wow card was approved ?

Thanks in advance.
An update regarding this
I was called by idfc bank telling me that the card issue was due to technical issue and they have to cancel the card l. I need to clear any dues for that. Luckily I did no transactions through this caed except paying joining fees(which that told would be refunded to me). This call was approx a week back card is still showing to me on the app. But might get closed in future. Bunch of morons.

Tejo

TF Legend
An update regarding this
I was called by idfc bank telling me that the card issue was due to technical issue and they have to cancel the card l. I need to clear any dues for that. Luckily I did no transactions through this caed except paying joining fees(which that told would be refunded to me). This call was approx a week back card is still showing to me on the app. But might get closed in future. Bunch of morons.
Your power+ was cancelled ?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied for wealth card online ( Already have secured Wow card) and it was approved. So it is possible to have unsecured card from IDFC after having a secured card.
How long did you have the wow card for? Did you use a diff mobile during the wealth card application? Lastly did anything in credit profile change & what did you do differently to get the wealth card approved? Did you get a decent limit bro?

Whenever I apply they show the wow card option! May be IDFC does not like the amount of card & exposure I have .. They are offering pre approved 5L personal loan to me but not the card.. Should I take that to trigger pre approved card basis repayment history?

aggarwal

TF Select
How long did you have the wow card for? Did you use a diff mobile during the wealth card application? Lastly did anything in credit profile change & what did you do differently to get the wealth card approved? Did you get a decent limit bro?

Whenever I apply they show the wow card option! May be IDFC does not like the amount of card & exposure I have .. They are offering pre approved 5L personal loan to me but not the card.. Should I take that to trigger pre approved card basis repayment history?

Wow card is appox 4 months old. Same mobile number was used. Nothing was done differently. CIBIL Score 802 and during card application, entered HDFC card limit as 1500000 It showed wealth card eligibility with credit limit of 1000000. Wasted no time in applying. Instant approval. One thing which might be different is that I had a select card too with very low limit of 85000 fir 2 years which I closed around 6 months below when they refused to upgrade to wealth.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Wow card is appox 4 months old. Same mobile number was used. Nothing was done differently. CIBIL Score 802 and during card application, entered HDFC card limit as 1500000 It showed wealth card eligibility with credit limit of 1000000. Wasted no time in applying. Instant approval. One thing which might be different is that I had a select card too with very low limit of 85000 fir 2 years which I closed around 6 months below when they refused to upgrade to wealth.
Thanks for the info. So after you closed the select card they offered you wow and then wealth using the same mobile number for a new application? IDFC algo seems to work in weird ways.....

aggarwal

TF Select
Thanks for the info. So after you closed the select card they offered you wow and then wealth using the same mobile number for a new application? IDFC algo seems to work in weird ways.....
Minor correction here. After I closed select card, they DID NOT offered wow card. I myself created FD, it asked for wow card, accepted. Rest all, as you mentioned. Looks like it is because of high limit on my HDFC card, that wealth with 10Lak limit was approved.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Minor correction here. After I closed select card, they DID NOT offered wow card. I myself created FD, it asked for wow card, accepted. Rest all, as you mentioned. Looks like it is because of high limit on my HDFC card, that wealth with 10Lak limit was approved.
Ah, makes sense now ! Thanks for the info.