• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any tips on travel plan to Switzerland ?

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Ideal time to visit Switzerland and Europe in general would be Late April/ early may.
Following are the redemption options for flights to Europe,
1. United airlines: Any major Indian city to Paris/Frankfurt/Zurich/Rome would require around 33k miles + ~70$ in taxes in economy. The airline could be Vistara, Lufthansa or Swiss.
2. Turkish Airlines: If you plan 3-4 months early, you would get a one-way economy ticket with 19k miles + ~100$ from Mumbai. If you stay in other city, consider repositioning yourself to Mumbai to avail this redemption. Or you could book a star alliance award ticket which would have 1-2 stops. Although, I have seen that 2 tickets would be available for redemptions. You can get a business class ticket for around 36k miles + 200$ in taxes.
3. Qatar Airways: An economy ticket to Europe if booked in advance would cost around 32k miles + 11,000 INR in taxes.

Key is to start planning early as VISA could also take 1-2 months.

For hotels, Accor is the best option as it gives a straight value of 1.8 Rs per point. For remaining days, I'd recommend booking an AirBnb. For booking airbnbs, I'd suggest to get an Amex card (Amex platinum) as no other cards give special benefits for Airbnb. So, might as well spend on Amex and reach the 1.9L/4L milestone on the Amex Platinum card

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ideal time to visit Switzerland and Europe in general would be Late April/ early may.
Following are the redemption options for flights to Europe,
1. United airlines: Any major Indian city to Paris/Frankfurt/Zurich/Rome would require around 33k miles + ~70$ in taxes in economy. The airline could be Vistara, Lufthansa or Swiss.
2. Turkish Airlines: If you plan 3-4 months early, you would get a one-way economy ticket with 19k miles + ~100$ from Mumbai. If you stay in other city, consider repositioning yourself to Mumbai to avail this redemption. Or you could book a star alliance award ticket which would have 1-2 stops. Although, I have seen that 2 tickets would be available for redemptions. You can get a business class ticket for around 36k miles + 200$ in taxes.
3. Qatar Airways: An economy ticket to Europe if booked in advance would cost around 32k miles + 11,000 INR in taxes.

Key is to start planning early as VISA could also take 1-2 months.

For hotels, Accor is the best option as it gives a straight value of 1.8 Rs per point. For remaining days, I'd recommend booking an AirBnb. For booking airbnbs, I'd suggest to get an Amex card (Amex platinum) as no other cards give special benefits for Airbnb. So, might as well spend on Amex and reach the 1.9L/4L milestone on the Amex Platinum card
What is the special benefit on Amex Platinum card for airbnb?