• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Required Docs & Tips - Schengen Visa

SteelSh0t

TF Premier

You have a great profile and hence you received visa twice with this very simple and concise cover letter. For people with normal profile, we have to provide a great and compelling cover letter to get the visa :(

I wouldn't recommend others to follow this cover letter, they are more likely to be rejected.
I would recommend others to make the cover letter very detailed about their work and their background so they can get visa.

maynigam

TF Premier
You have a great profile and hence you received visa twice with this very simple and concise cover letter. For people with normal profile, we have to provide a great and compelling cover letter to get the visa :(

I wouldn't recommend others to follow this cover letter, they are more likely to be rejected.
I would recommend others to make the cover letter very detailed about their work and their background so they can get visa.
I don’t know about profile. But I feel that as long as you give them all the documents they have mentioned on website, they should give you the visa. I can’t imagine what more details about work and background I could have given.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I don’t know about profile. But I feel that as long as you give them all the documents they have mentioned on website, they should give you the visa. I can’t imagine what more details about work and background I could have given.

Your profile is strong because of these reasons -

1) Doctor
2) Married
3) Older
4) Good ITR

I'm single, and young plus self-employed with an average ITR
I provided 2-page cover letter with moderate detail (More than yours) and I got rejected.

I submitted all the necessary documents mentioned on their website and still got rejected

After that I had to submit a 5-page rigorous appeal letter explaining everything in my life and why I deserve the visa and only then did I receive the visa.

So that's why I said that unless someone has a great profile, do not submit a simple cover letter. They will reject you.

maynigam

TF Premier
Your profile is strong because of these reasons -

1) Doctor
2) Married
3) Older
4) Good ITR

I'm single, and young plus self-employed with an average ITR
I provided 2-page cover letter with moderate detail (More than yours) and I got rejected.

I submitted all the necessary documents mentioned on their website and still got rejected

After that I had to submit a 5-page rigorous appeal letter explaining everything in my life and why I deserve the visa and only then did I receive the visa.

So that's why I said that unless someone has a great profile, do not submit a simple cover letter. They will reject you.
Interesting. Please post screenshot of your 5 page letter. BTW, I’m 32

SteelSh0t

TF Premier

32 is old enough since you're married.
I'm 25 and single.
I would rather not post the screenshots since it contains in-depth details about my personal and professional life. I wouldn't like to expose that on an open forum.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I am planning on entering Paris from London via train. So can I show the roundtrip train tickets in place of flight tickets for obtaining the Schengen Visa from France? If that's possible, I will book return tickets to London from India.

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am planning on entering Paris from London via train. So can I show the roundtrip train tickets in place of flight tickets for obtaining the Schengen Visa from France? If that's possible, I will book return tickets to London from India.
That might be possible only if you already have a UK visa.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Considering you have a UK Visa, it's pretty easy process then, however, make sure that you have reserved stays throughout and insurance is covering France.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hello I just received a notification from VFS that my application has been processed. When I checked the tracking status, the AWB was not mentioned there. Is this normal? And how do I track my passport? IMG_2861.jpeg

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello I just received a notification from VFS that my application has been processed. When I checked the tracking status, the AWB was not mentioned there. Is this normal? And how do I track my passport?
Try using your passport number as your waybill number/Ref No on bluedart’s website

Worked for me when I tried 2 months back.

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I’m planning to apply for Shengen visa
I’m also married and my spouse is homemaker
I’m also 32

All those bits are matching

Not sure about ITR!!! Can you at least give me an ITR of yours? Do they ask for ITR docs?

I don’t have any prior experience of apply for Schengen visa!!!

maynigam

TF Premier
I’m planning to apply for Shengen visa
I’m also 32

Not sure about ITR!!! Can you at least give me an ITR of yours? Do they ask for ITR docs?

Yes. 3 years ITR is compulsory.

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I’m also 32

Full ITR not required, Just carry last 2 years of ITR acknowledgement receipt, they only require that.