• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any suggestions for couple's health insurance? Is it worth it against individual health insurance?

jatinkrmalik

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Recently got married and am looking to buy separate health insurance other than provided by my employer. I have some health coverage in my parent's insurance plan.
I know the general thumb rule of keeping investments and insurance separate, so would like know if this community has any recommendations?

shubhamaggarwal

TF Select
Recently got married and am looking to buy separate health insurance other than provided by my employer. I have some health coverage in my parent's insurance plan.
I know the general thumb rule of keeping investments and insurance separate, so would like know if this community has any recommendations?
Checkout Beshak and it's one of the best community related to insurance. You will find very helpful. https://www.beshak.org

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
I have recently got me and my wife covered under Tata AIG Medicare Premier policy. Its one of the best policy as per my comparison. I would recommend you to keep yourself separate from your parents policy to reduce costs. An individual health insurance will help you when you switch jobs as then you will be left with no protection.

surajvg

TF Buzz
I have recently got me and my wife covered under Tata AIG Medicare Premier policy. Its one of the best policy as per my comparison. I would recommend you to keep yourself separate from your parents policy to reduce costs. An individual health insurance will help you when you switch jobs as then you will be left with no protection.
Hi5 ! Bought the same for my wife - Tata AIG Medicare Premier Policy. Good coverage in all aspects. Will recommend it others after they read the overall features in ditto insurance feature explanation.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
TATA AIG is probably the best cover for couples and family medical insurance.

In last covid fiasco, it came out in top in terms of user friendliness in my know circle.

Souvik

TF Premier
TATA AIG is probably the best cover for couples and family medical insurance.

In last covid fiasco, it came out in top in terms of user friendliness in my know circle.
HDFC probably has a broader range of network hospitals than TATA AIG and finding a network/cashless hospital might be comparatively easy.

Last edited:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
HDFC probably has a broader range of network hospitals than TATA AIG and finding a network/cashless hospital might be comparatively easy.
Yes, this is why considering your region is important. No matter which policy you take, network hospitals can be make or break thing and in emergency situation we hardly pay any attention to it.

Mehulk8

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Always better to have own health cover. The employers cover will not cover everything and will also have some own contribution %. Try HDFC ergo family floater+ HDFC ergo supertopup to increase your sum insured coverage.

Mulkit Salia

TF Buzz
care health insurance and Manipal Cigna are good policies too with great customer care in urban locations across the country

Mulkit Salia

TF Buzz
care health insurance and Manipal Cigna are good policies too with great customer care in urban locations across the country. but please read all documents of all insurance policies within the freelook period so that you are not a victim of any marketing buffoonery by the companies.