• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any History of a Card Being "Revalued"?

rogerthat

TF Ace
During the current Axis devaluation fiasco I read in a thread that credit cards are cyclic products and their benefits will increase and decrease. I was wondering if there is any history of a card after devaluation being "revalued", that is, the features that were removed being added on again.

I am about to cancel my Magnus card and just wanted to know if there is any chance of the card being elevated to super premium level again in the future because it might not be very easy to acquire super premium cards going forward. I have no chance of getting HDFC Infinia or even DCB, or ICICI Emeralde Metal or any such super premium card.

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
During the current Axis devaluation fiasco I read in a thread that credit cards are cyclic products and their benefits will increase and decrease. I was wondering if there is any history of a card after devaluation being "revalued", that is, the features that were removed being added on again.

I am about to cancel my Magnus card and just wanted to know if there is any chance of the card being elevated to super premium level again in the future because it might not be very easy to acquire super premium cards going forward. I have no chance of getting HDFC Infinia or even DCB, or ICICI Emeralde Metal or any such super premium card.
if all other cards are so difficult to get.. and your usage of magnus gives you enough value for the fee you pay or ltf.. keep the card.. even if this card doesn't get revalued it may help you get upgrades /c2c, credit limit increase etc.. vs resetting it to get a new card.. if it is ltf definitely kp it

rogerthat

TF Ace
if all other cards are so difficult to get.. and your usage of magnus gives you enough value for the fee you pay or ltf.. keep the card.. even if this card doesn't get revalued it may help you get upgrades /c2c, credit limit increase etc.. vs resetting it to get a new card.. if it is ltf definitely kp it
No it is not LTF it is paid. It still used to give good returns with BMS and Gift Edge and lounge and I was planning to renew the card by paying the fees... Now BMS and lounges are gone so the card is no longer worth it. I don't know why I don't get premium cards despite meeting most of the criteria. I even have a HDFC salary account and am ready to spend 15-20L using credit cards in a year.

Anyway I think I should better close the card now. I don't think they are going to resurrect Magnus now. God knows even Axis Bank itself doesn't look very healthy right now given then don't seem to be able to afford even Book My Show tickets.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No it is not LTF it is paid. It still used to give good returns with BMS and Gift Edge and lounge and I was planning to renew the card by paying the fees... Now BMS and lounges are gone so the card is no longer worth it. I don't know why I don't get premium cards despite meeting most of the criteria. I even have a HDFC salary account and am ready to spend 15-20L using credit cards in a year.

Anyway I think I should better close the card now. I don't think they are going to resurrect Magnus now. God knows even Axis Bank itself doesn't look very healthy right now given then don't seem to be able to afford even Book My Show tickets.
helps in your credit history as well.. i wd kp it and use it to maximize.. if u spend 15-20 L it will definitely return gd value and open up new alternatives.. especially if other cards are not been given.. strange.. try and find out whyy.. any old default? address? error in docs.. income.. it will be good to dig deeper

mj01

TF Select
I also believe Axis will Revalue some of their CCs....when will happen...nobody knows. I think they are just trying to find a middle ground by devaluations. Abusers will move on to some other card...and when the dust settles, revaluations will happen.

raghumahajan

TF Select
ICICI HP Coral visa credit card gives 2.5% cash back on HP petrol pump on swiping on ICICI POS machines.
Revaluation from April 5, they give cash back on any machine swiped on HP petrol pumps