• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex upgrade offer: Take or Pass?

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today, I got a message in Amex app for an eligible upgrade from MRCC to Platinum Travel Card!

I went through the details of the same but couldn’t find anything concrete to take up the offer!

Also, I couldn’t find a fee waiver option as spend based benefit unlike MRCC!

Also in 2021, I wasnt able to reach the milestone but Amex waived off fee as goodwill gesture on MRCC!

So, I’m wondering if this really is an upgrade?

My first thoughts, I’ll pass.
But would be great to know some insights on the same!

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now before anyone tell’s me to Pass it, I have already filled the details. 😅

My issue is that my MRCC was issued with a laughable limit of ₹25,000. Amex Travel is definitely a better suited card I know that. I want to know if anyone who went through the same process and got a bump in the limit? Or am I looking at holding a Platinum Travel with the lowest limit on the forum! (Considering they do actually upgrade the card)

IMG_7551.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Now before anyone tell’s me to Pass it, I have already filled the details. 😅

My issue is that my MRCC was issued with a laughable limit of ₹25,000. Amex Travel is definitely a better suited card I know that. I want to know if anyone who went through the same process got a bump in the limit? Or am I looking at holding a Platinum Travel with the lowest limit on the forum! (Considering they do actually upgrade the card)

IMG_7551.png
I haven’t had the experience you’re looking for.
However basic logic tells me you will get LE sooner after upgrade.

Anyway , it plat travel suits your spend pattern more than MRCC, the same logic tells me you should go for upgrade irrespective of the CL..
Right??

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Anyway , it plat travel suits your spend pattern more than MRCC, the same logic tells me you should go for upgrade irrespective of the CL..
Right??
That’s why I thought that I was not to let go of the opportunity anyway. But my main concern is with the limit. As a Plat Travel with a 25k limit will not make sense na. 😵‍💫

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That’s why I thought that I was not to let go of the opportunity anyway. But my main concern is with the limit. As a Plat Travel with a 25k limit will not make sense na. 😵‍💫
Don’t worry, everything will fall in place in the due course

Last edited:

ALOAK

TF Ace
I think they will up your LE they wont give you samenlimit as mrcc. I had smart earn with 25k then my LE was upped after 6 months to 40k then i recived upgrade offer and they provided me 150000 as LE on plat Travel after 8 months it was increased tp 230k then again after completion of 1.3 years of usage of plat travel i got 432k as LE which is current. Since they review it every six months u can go for it.