• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Trifecta - Optimal Usage Guide

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Sometimes back I wrote a handwritten note on how to maximise the utilisation of AMEX Trifecta and shared over Twitter, so here's the guide. Hope it helps

The Cards used here are the followings:

1. AMEX Membership Rewards Credit Card
2. AMEX Platinum Travel Credit Card
3. AMEX Gold Charge Card

As per the talks, AMEX ban is suppose to get lifted "soon enough", this guide may help you to make your choice on with which card you'd like to go for and how to maximise the MR points accumulation without breaking the bank

A huge chunk of contribution of it came from Sujit Kumar Hota ( @Skh27 ) and if you want maximise the use of MR points into airmiles, you can check this compact guide by Tejas Ghongadi ( @Tejas ) : AMEX MR Points' Utilisation in Airmiles

IMG_2278.JPEG
Apply For An Amex Credit Card - Click Here

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sometimes back I wrote a handwritten note on how to maximise the utilisation of AMEX Trifecta and shared over Twitter, so here's the guide. Hope it helps

3. AMEX Gold Charge Card

As per the talks, AMEX ban is suppose to get lifted "soon enough", this guide may help you to make your choice on with which card you'd like to go for and how to maximise the MR points accumulation without breaking the bank

A huge chunk of contribution of it came from Sujit Kumar Hota ( @Skh27 ) and if you want maximise the use of MR points into airmiles, you can check this compact guide by Tejas Ghongadi ( @Tejas ) : AMEX MR Points' Utilisation in Airmiles

IMG_2278.JPEG
What is the value of 1 point? Im assuming travel/hotel redemption will give the most value?

Also MRCC can be ltf on basis of spends, so can we take one of the other cards as companion card to the other?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
What is the value of 1 point? Im assuming travel/hotel redemption will give the most value?

Also MRCC can be ltf on basis of spends, so can we take one of the other cards as companion card to the other?
Consider the value of 1 MR point as 0.5 Re per Point when doing a reward rate calculation. The chances of getting a value higher than this are pretty high but that requires some knowledge on the redemption options.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
It's dynamic. varies from 1-2 Rs per point in most of the time. Spend based LTF on MRCC? Not sure about it. Mind explaining?
Not a good idea to consider such high value per MR point IMO. To get values like these, you need an excessively high number of MR Points combined with the knowledge of Airmiles & the inclination to experience luxury.

I always believe that reward rate should be calculated on a fair value of reward points and not the extreme case scenario.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Not a good idea to consider such high value per MR point IMO. To get values like these, you need an excessively high number of MR Points combined with the knowledge of Airmiles & the inclination to experience luxury.

I always believe that reward rate should be calculated on a fair value of reward points and not the extreme case scenario.
Yes definitely. I'm considering the value that I'd like to redeem on, and most of the redemption I was calculating and observing is giving me that value.

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Consider the value of 1 MR point as 0.5 Re per Point when doing a reward rate calculation. The chances of getting a value higher than this are pretty high but that requires some knowledge on the redemption options.
Thanks for the information.
Will trouble you in one of your spaces once I get into Amex.
I Attend it regularly.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Consider value of 1 MR to be 0.25 for ease of calculation. That's the amount you get for statement credit/pay via points if you redeem them anytime (without reaching 18K/24K levels)
What would you consider the value of 1 Infinia or Diners Club Black Reward Point?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

3. AMEX Gold Charge Card

IMG_2278.JPEG
If we spend 1.5k x4 only using our mrcc (2x reward multiplier), then we'll only spend 72k and receive 12k less MR.
In this case, our total spending will be 4L on Plat travel + 72k on gold charge + 72k on mrcc
= 5.44L
Points we'll get= 48k from Plat travel + 19.2k from gold charge + 14.8k from mrcc.
Total = 82k MR
Reward rate - 15.07%

Karthik:

TF Premier

3. AMEX Gold Charge Card

IMG_2278.JPEG
Is this your handwriting ? Looks very neat. So it's contents, needless to say.