• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Trifecta - Optimal Usage Guide

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Sometimes back I wrote a handwritten note on how to maximise the utilisation of AMEX Trifecta and shared over Twitter, so here's the guide. Hope it helps

The Cards used here are the followings:

1. AMEX Membership Rewards Credit Card
2. AMEX Platinum Travel Credit Card
3. AMEX Gold Charge Card

As per the talks, AMEX ban is suppose to get lifted "soon enough", this guide may help you to make your choice on with which card you'd like to go for and how to maximise the MR points accumulation without breaking the bank

A huge chunk of contribution of it came from Sujit Kumar Hota ( @Skh27 ) and if you want maximise the use of MR points into airmiles, you can check this compact guide by Tejas Ghongadi ( @Tejas ) : AMEX MR Points' Utilisation in Airmiles

IMG_2278.JPEG
Apply For An Amex Credit Card - Click Here

VaporWarrior

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Has anyone upgraded from Smartearn to MRCC or any other card?
Amex doesnt easily offer upgrade. They will ask you to make a fresh application. But Good thing would be that SmartEarn would be free as long as you pay or qualify for waiver of MRCC.

I would suggest to get at least MRCC and Gold charge to get good number of points with minimal spends. Smart earn has only one benefit that it can give you 500 points a month for Rs 2500 transaction. Nothing beyond that

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex doesnt easily offer upgrade. They will ask you to make a fresh application. But Good thing would be that SmartEarn would be free as long as you pay or qualify for waiver of MRCC.

I would suggest to get at least MRCC and Gold charge to get good number of points with minimal spends. Smart earn has only one benefit that it can give you 500 points a month for Rs 2500 transaction. Nothing beyond that
I have Gold and PT.. Smartearn was a mistake, should have got MRCC in first place.

rohitnsync

TF Select
If you had an Infinia on one hand and MRCC + Gold on the other, which one would you use to accumulate points?
While Infinia's points can be used 1:1 for Apple purchases, but then Apple products are expensive to begin with. On the other hand, this Amex combination can fetch a similar amount of MR points "but" faster and is 1:1 for Marriott. Dilemma!

rohitnsync

TF Select
Personal opinion:

- MRCC + Gold need 20k+6k = 26k monthly purchases.
- Infinia is not for 26k monthly purchases or under 3L per year.
Clarification: I believe there are 2 individual milestones for MRCC correct? Or do we need to spend ₹20000 in order to earn 2000 bonus MR points together? I believe we can spend ₹6000 and earn 1000 Bonus MR points too. Correct?

helloworld

TF Legend
Clarification: I believe there are 2 individual milestones for MRCC correct? Or do we need to spend ₹20000 in order to earn 2000 bonus MR points together? I believe we can spend ₹6000 and earn 1000 Bonus MR points too. Correct?

20K MRCC (4x1500+14K) + 6K Gold (6x1000) = 26K/Month which is not the suggested spends on Infinia.