• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

C_R

TF Buzz
Contributor
with so many doubts of redeeming Amex Plat Travel vouchers, and Taj stays being costly affair, we will be always on the edge till the last minute of stay that we may have to pay entire amount in cash in case if someone rejects the coupon.
I cancelled my Amex Plat Travel card..
The uncertainty certainly adds unwanted tension during stay.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
with so many doubts of redeeming Amex Plat Travel vouchers, and Taj stays being costly affair, we will be always on the edge till the last minute of stay that we may have to pay entire amount in cash in case if someone rejects the coupon.
I cancelled my Amex Plat Travel card..
It is not that tough
You just need to go with the fact that , vouchers cannot be used solely for dining. The purpose of the voucher is to offset the room charges.
Best way would be to redeem them against some lower end properties with charges around 14-18k as BAR , you can combine n number of voucher for redemption..

ismail

TF Select
It is not that tough
You just need to go with the fact that , vouchers cannot be used solely for dining. The purpose of the voucher is to offset the room charges.
Best way would be to redeem them against some lower end properties with charges around 14-18k as BAR , you can combine n number of voucher for redemption..
its not that tough as you said sir
But last year i had a near expiry coupon, so had to take a forced staycation, which would have been a costly affair if they had rejected citing some rule
I wud always prefer to book with points before hand, like in marriott/itc/accor where you know for sure major expenses are paid off, and the rest remaining may also sometimes be adjusted with points itself
in short , it wud have been better if taj allows booking online with coupons itself.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But last year i had a near expiry coupon, so had to take a forced staycation, which would have been a costly affair if they had rejected citing some rule
I wud always prefer to book with points before hand, like in marriott/itc/accor where you know for sure major expenses are paid off, and the rest remaining may also sometimes be adjusted with points itself
in short , it wud have been better if taj allows booking online with coupons itself.
Amex ki maya

1) Doesnt get accepted in many merchants
2) Need to call and get full milestone points
3) Taj vouchers are such that u end up paying out of pocket

+ THEY keep trying to sell insurance also. Renewal benefits are not worth the cost

Its a very smart scheme run by well spoken people using referral mechanism

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Generally if you mail Amex , they do revalidated expired coupons.
Award redemption and coupon redemption are 2 different things.
Even in case of coupon you can directly mail property citing your coupon codes and all and they would tag that to your booking. It's quite a hassle free.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Amex ki maya

1) Doesnt get accepted in many merchants
2) Need to call and get full milestone points
3) Taj vouchers are such that u end up paying out of pocket

+ THEY keep trying to sell insurance also. Renewal benefits are not worth the cost

Its a very smart scheme run by well spoken people using referral mechanism
Atleast they don't devalue their offerings like Axis & hdfc.
In last 2-3 years the only devaluation they did was to plat reserve & 18/24k redemptions
Rest everything has not changed.
From a user's POV , it's a peace of mind actually.

Anduril

TF Buzz
I've actively used Amex Plat-Travel Taj vouchers for last few years. Stayed at Bekal, Srinagar and Chennai but didn't have to inform them prior to check-in about use of vouchers. Only when checking out I brought up the vouchers and they deducted it from total expense.
Only catch is you've to book directly through Taj website with the Standard rates (not member rates).

Also, they do renew it upon expiry for valid reasons. During Covid due to no-travel, 2x10k vouchers expired but they renewed it.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I've actively used Amex Plat-Travel Taj vouchers for last few years. Stayed at Bekal, Srinagar and Chennai but didn't have to inform them prior to check-in about use of vouchers. Only when checking out I brought up the vouchers and they deducted it from total expense.
Only catch is you've to book directly through Taj website with the Standard rates (not member rates).

Also, they do renew it upon expiry for valid reasons. During Covid due to no-travel, 2x10k vouchers expired but they renewed it.
Renewing vouchers on expiry is great gesture from Amex. Usually other banks doesn't follow renewal of vouchers.