• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Maximum number of vouchers they can redeem against a booking ? I am looking to use 11 voucher codes from Amex . Possible ?
As many as you want to.

And redeeming all of them can take time so a suggestion is to email them on the morning of checkout so that you can save the extra awkward 20-25 minutes during checkout.

vivb

TF Buzz
Ok. New here and cannot post a new thread. Would appreciate responses here.

1. Do I need to show my Amex card with my name on it at hotel reception while redeeming Taj vouchers? Or any govt. ID proof works instead of Amex card
2. I can pay excess amount by any card or Amex only?

TIA.

vivb

TF Buzz
My recent discovery at Vivanta Sikkim Pakyong.

ANY publicly available rate, with offers too can be booked using Taj Amex vouchers, not necessarily BAR alone.
Confirmed with manager before booking.
Member rates he explicitly said not allowed for booking using Taj Amex vouchers.
Can be used for incidentals though he said.

Example
There were 4 publicly available rates.
1. ~13K per night w/o bf + taxes
2. 15K per night with bf + taxes
3. 15K per night with bf + one major meal + 10% discount on transfers + taxes
4. (Rate unknown) with bf + all meals + more discounts possibly + taxes.

Booked a two night stay to consume soon to expire 30K worth Kaizen Taj Amex vouchers.

No prizes for guessing which rate I chose :)

About the property
# Tough to reach
# Great environment
# Heated swimming pool.
# Very nice staff
# Very good veg food
# BF was ok
# Spa just ok (as per mrs)
# Airport with flight only from Delhi located close by. 30K one way during peak season!
# Strictly for two day seclusion only.
(Nothing much around, unless one is ready for a trudge to Gangtok on toughish, winding roads and back).

Definitely worth a visit.

Cheers !
S&M
Hi Sri. Thanks for the post. What proof did they ask for, Amex card with your name on it or govt. ID?
My vouchers are valid but they are for/from my two different cards and I have cancelled one card.

TIA.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor

1. Do I need to show my Amex card with my name on it at hotel reception while redeeming Taj vouchers? Or any govt. ID proof works instead of Amex card

TIA.
1. No need of Amex card, gift voucher is enough
Govt ID proof you will have to give (any hotels asks for it)

2. Can pay by any card

vivb

TF Buzz
Yes succesfully used 12 vouchers for invoice coverage
Hi. Please advise what proof do they ask for whether name on the voucher and person booking the name are same?
Case in point: My voucher is valid, date till 28.Dec but I cancelled the card last month. I plan to use it this weekend. Do they ask for Amex card?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Hi. Please advise what proof do they ask for whether name on the voucher and person booking the name are same?
Case in point: My voucher is valid, date till 28.Dec but I cancelled the card last month. I plan to use it this weekend. Do they ask for Amex card?
No, they don't ask for the card unless there is something sus.
Just the name on booking and name on GV should match. I have heard stories (not verified) that even without matching name also people were able to use them.

Me personally Taj name match I have used, made payment in Cash once and card the other time.
Voucher thing, my experience is with ITC, I used my dad's vouchers for stay and they didn't really care about the name thing.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If we use the vouchers for incidentals, then can we redeem if we have already taken epicure 25% discount on f&b and signed it to the room account.

Thanks!

seekerxbx

TF Buzz
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to chip in with my Inputs.

Have used 100k Taj vouchers through AMEX and Citi Prestige. Still have 5x10k left.

Recent experience at Taj Bengal was uncomfortable.

Used 60k and 30k end-2022 and earlier this year at Taj Coromandel and Vivanta Hyderabad with Corporate Discounted rates. No issues. Was upgraded to suite on both occasions being TIC/ Neupass Gold.

Took my mother and sisters along to Taj Bengal. Booked on Discounted Corporate rates. Was upgraded to a suite after a lot of request and redeeming the Taj Club upgrade voucher of TIC Gold.

But while settling the bills, they just refused to accept AMEX Voucher. They showed me the tnc stating that these vouchers cannot be used with corporate/ member rates. They did not budge at all. Showed them my earlier bills of Vivanta and Taj Coromandel, no use. Fortunately, they accepted the Citi Prestige voucher.

Saw another resident having similar issue.

I was in a bit of rush and quite upset with this issue, so paid additional fee through Card. In the hindsight, the rational me would have tried to pay off the dining bills separately by AMEX voucher and paid the rest through another voucher purchased through Amazon/ Gyftr. But in that hurry. I just paid by card to resolve it quick. Not the smartest thing.

The tnc are there but it all depends upon the guy at the counter. Mailing about using the vouchers while making reservation may help but cannot guarantee that the same would be honoured at the checkout desk as TnC are in contravention. I never went through them because I did not face any issue earlier.

Now I will have 50k Taj vouchers by 15 Dec (40k AMEX and 10k Prestige). Would like to sell them off for Cash. Req DM if someone keen. 20k valid till end Feb 24 and 30k valid till Dec 24.

Hope this helps someone while planning.

Last edited:

typhoon

TF Select
Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to chip in with my Inputs.

Have used 100k Taj vouchers through AMEX and Citi Prestige. Still have 5x50k left.

Recent experience at Taj Bengal was uncomfortable.

Used 60k and 30k end-2022 and earlier this year at Taj Coromandel and Vivanta Hyderabad with Corporate Discounted rates. No issues. Was upgraded to suite on both occasions being TIC/ Neupass Gold.

Took my mother and sisters along to Taj Bengal. Booked on Discounted Corporate rates. Was upgraded to a suite after a lot of request and redeeming the Taj Club upgrade voucher of TIC Gold.

But while settling the bills, they just refused to accept AMEX Voucher. They showed me the tnc stating that these vouchers cannot be used with corporate/ member rates. They did not budge at all. Showed them my earlier bills of Vivanta and Taj Coromandel, no use. Fortunately, they accepted the Citi Prestige voucher.

Saw another resident having similar issue.

I was in a bit of rush and quite upset with this issue, so paid additional fee through Card. In the hindsight, the rational me would have tried to pay off the dining bills separately by AMEX voucher and paid the rest through another voucher purchased through Amazon/ Gyftr. But in that hurry. I just paid by card to resolve it quick. Not the smartest thing.

The tnc are there but it all depends upon the guy at the counter. Mailing about using the vouchers while making reservation may help but cannot guarantee that the same would be honoured at the checkout desk as TnC are in contravention. I never went through them because I did not face any issue earlier.

Now I will have 50k Taj vouchers by 15 Dec (40k AMEX and 10k Prestige). Would like to sell them off for Cash. Req DM if someone keen. 20k valid till end Feb 24 and 30k valid till Dec 24.

Hope this helps someone while planning.
@50% off i can take all.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge

TIA.
For point 1 - Not required. you can make a reservation on your name in the selected property and at the time of payment inform the biller that you would be paying via AMEX vouchers. Only condition is -while reserving the room, ensure that you book the "best rate available" category and not the TAJ member rate.

For point 2 - Yes you can.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If we use the vouchers for incidentals, then can we redeem if we have already taken epicure 25% discount on f&b and signed it to the room account.

Thanks!
What's your query actually ?
I don't think 25% discount applies to room service. If you are a resident guest and dine in the resturant, you can inform them about your epicure membership, which should be good to give you the applicable discount.
During check-out, you can use vouchers to pay-off the total bill (including f&b)

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've used it for spa only in 2021.

For dining in 2022.

Is this a recent change in specs?
I am not sure when it changed. But as of now Taj vouchers which you get with milestone for Plat Travel can be used only if you stay and also now Taj is very strict on best available rate rule also. Can’t use voucher for member rate or any other discounted rate unless hotel staff allows you. Taj Vouchers you buy separately from gyftr i think can be used without stay also. What i was saying was specific to Taj experience vouchers which we get with Amex Plat Travel milestone.

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am not sure when it changed. But as of now Taj vouchers which you get with milestone for Plat Travel can be used only if you stay and also now Taj is very strict on best available rate rule also. Can’t use voucher for member rate or any other discounted rate unless hotel staff allows you. Taj Vouchers you buy separately from gyftr i think can be used without stay also. What i was saying was specific to Taj experience vouchers which we get with Amex Plat Travel milestone.
Got lucky at Sawai Man Palace last March, when I was checking out in a rush.

Booked gold member rate and used Amex and Citi Taj Vouchers.

They said they were making an exception due to my soon to depart flight :)

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cant we use taj voucher just for a dinner to celebrate an occasion?

ismail

TF Select
with so many doubts of redeeming Amex Plat Travel vouchers, and Taj stays being costly affair, we will be always on the edge till the last minute of stay that we may have to pay entire amount in cash in case if someone rejects the coupon.
I cancelled my Amex Plat Travel card..