• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Upgrade

Hello,

Has anyone upgraded to Platinum using the upgrade offer received as shown in the picture? What is the process like?

Attachments

• B93AA4F0-DAAC-43E7-AE86-E67FDE6230BD.png
    B93AA4F0-DAAC-43E7-AE86-E67FDE6230BD.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 287

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Great explanation!
I have received the offer too, and I am confused. Just like you, I don't have any inclination toward Marriott bonvoy or any hotels for that matter. However, I do intend to use points for miles because I do travel a lot. For example, I have to travel to Portugal quite often (2/3 times a year), and usually, I round trip costs me around 65 to 70k (economy). As per my calculation, 125k points should be able to fund my round trip to Portugal, so my fees should be recovered. Am I missing something? I will most likely close this next year.

I do have Axis Reserve, by the way.
but if you booked the trip with cash then you would have also received miles for that ticket plus tax would be in cost of ticket. So the overall value reduces a bit for points.

i think amex needs to start adding some features to platinum else this will be one year card for everyone who ever takes it.

Reactions: BMR

SYM

TF Buzz
I too got the offer for the upgrade , but in confusion to take it or not? Is it not one time points rewarded for every year fee payment of 80 k right ?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
If your spend on plat is going to be 0, I can assure you your retention offer is also going to be 0.
To be frank retention team doesn’t care about spends , they have targets to retain quantity and not quality . Will be trying amex retention first time but believe me it’s all the same , most of my cards are managed LTF using retention, if not LTF then annual fee waivers , reward points you just need to be negotiate well. My spends are literally 0 across all my cards except Magnus . The Idea is to negotiate after giving closure request , when you have nothing to loose , you already have an edge.

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I applied for this offer through the email link. Anyone else did? Whats next? Have not received or heard anything further from amex.
The application process is same as any other Amex card. An Amex representative will call you and explain the steps. If you don't receive a call within a day or two then talk to Amex. It was super fast process in my case.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is it really worth to take Amex Plat Charge card? I get upgrade offer every week but I ignore it.
Better for travelling people that too via Mumbai and Delhi airports as you get exclusive access to Amex Lounges. Depends on the value we extract using the card may be in the form of vouchers and retention benefit. Their concierge service & invite only events are good.

For instance CWC 2023 tickets (sold as packages) are exclusively open for Amex Plat customers way ahead of all the users. It's upto each individual the requirements and usage. At least we can try globally best card if we are eligible for a year or two if we get it.

If we get it on referral now we get 45K Taj voucher, 10000 MR points (8000 Approx) we might be paying 17800 extra with GST, for upgrade they might offer MR points based on our negotiation as been discussed on forum.