• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Travel card for paying 32000 rent per month?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys. Is there an option of paying rent via Amex Plat Travel card? If so, which are the portals and do we get any MR points? How about Bharatnxt to pay rent?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah but i was okay to pay ~500 more than the benefit since that was the only way to pay a merchant not accepting credit card
Another option is MobiKwik
using 'Century" code, which gives 100 back on 10K .. you can use this many times in a month

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Paytm charged 2.65% and through offer of 1.8% upto 300 cashback.
So overall for my wallet load of 42k Paytm would have charged me ~500
Good .. don't ever transfer wallet money to bank account.. if you do so, this rate will go upto 3.65%..
SOme uers reported paying for CC also made this rate go upto 3.65%

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Paytm charged 2.65% and through offer of 1.8% upto 300 cashback.
So overall for my wallet load of 42k Paytm would have charged me ~500
and also to get 1.8% rate, you can transfer upto 16.7 K only...
but you are trying to transfer 30K.. then this rate will come down to 1% only..
Anyway in the long term, for larger amounts, MK also makes sense..

divykk

TF Select
Good .. don't ever transfer wallet money to bank account.. if you do so, this rate will go upto 3.65%..
SOme uers reported paying for CC also made this rate go upto 3.65%
This is new to me ….fortunately I paid to a merchant only. Did someone reported similar hikes with mobikwik also?

and also to get 1.8% rate, you can transfer upto 16.7 K only...
but you are trying to transfer 30K.. then this rate will come down to 1% only..
Anyway in the long term, for larger amounts, MK also makes sense..
I forgot to mention…since i was reluctant to load into wallet and paying fee I loaded only 12k but then saw this offer of 1.8% is available two times in a month so thought of doing one more load transaction.

divykk

TF Select
This one is for a new card, start with less than 3k on the first day, then 10k and then 15k so on.
Thanks @aceventura for this info
Once again I was able to add using AMEX.
Generally I don’t use wallet load feature on any app but fortunately these offers are on time for me to use in merchant payment.

BTW I see one more offer for adding money to wallet and this time it says 1.5% upto 300.
I’m not sure if I would be able to use this or even activate it because i already have 1.8% offer activated which will expire in 31 Jan 2024.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I’m not sure if I would be able to use this or even activate it because i already have 1.8% offer activated which will expire in 31 Jan 2024.

There is no harm in activating 1.5% upto 300 offer.. and check which offers is active @ " CashBack and offer" - -> Scroll down a bit ...

divykk

TF Select
and I hold these many points... God bless me...

1702483072913.jpeg
IMG_4225.png
Actually that 1.8% offer is showing active right now stating 2 usage out of 9 (i guess its for 3 times/month for Nov to Jan but tnc states that it can be used twice a month)

Now if I will activate the second offer of 1.5% would I be getting any cashback under this offer?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Both are valid till 31 Jan 2024.
After you finish 1.8% offer for this month, it will go away from active offer list and then you can activate 1.5 % offer.. they both will be there until Jan31. and they get extended as well for another 2 or 3 months..

divykk

TF Select
After you finish 1.8% offer for this month, it will go away from active offer list and then you can activate 1.5 % offer.. they both will be there until Jan31. and they get extended as well for another 2 or 3 months..
Ohhhh that’s really helpful
Then I believe tnc note “can be used twice a month” is not correct.
Also thankfully I am able to use it for merchant payment using AMEX.
I must say AMEX acceptance is a really big problem. Paytm POS gave error for AMEX.😞