• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC vs Apay icici CC for Electricity bill payments

b4bhar

TF Select
Guys,

I've Amex MRCC and Apay ICICI CC. Which would be the best way to pay my electricity bill payments and broadband recharge. Until now, i was using Apay Icici CC as it gives flat 2% CB.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you mean Apay Gift cards via amex card? Is that more rewarding that Apay icici cc?
Yes, AGV via MRCC is better than 2% of APay card as using MRCC you can get around 5.5% reward rate which is better than 2% provided by APay card. Only difference is that it'll take more time to accrue the points.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do you mean Apay Gift cards via amex card? Is that more rewarding that Apay icici cc?
Yes, depending on how you utilize the MR points.

With 6K spends on MRCC, you will get 1000 bonus MR points and then additional 2x multiplier points for your actual voucher purchase.
So, let's say 6K electricity bill paid with Apay vouchers will get you 1000 + 240 = 1240 MR Points

While with Apay ICICI, you will get 2% which is Rs.120 cashback.

Now, there are different ways to redeem the MR points, the value can range anywhere as high as Rs.2 to Rs.0.2 depending on how you wanna use it! :)

b4bhar

TF Select
Yes, depending on how you utilize the MR points.

With 6K spends on MRCC, you will get 1000 bonus MR points and then additional 2x multiplier points for your actual voucher purchase.
So, let's say 6K electricity bill paid with Apay vouchers will get you 1000 + 240 = 1240 MR Points

While with Apay ICICI, you will get 2% which is Rs.120 cashback.

Now, there are different ways to redeem the MR points, the value can range anywhere as high as Rs.2 to Rs.0.2 depending on how you wanna use it! :)
Yeah, the most usable option is Apay voucher again which is like 6k voucher for 18k points. So, its like 1MR = 0.333 Rs.

Any other better usable and rewarding option that you can think of?

drsel

TF Legend
Yeah, the most usable option is Apay voucher again which is like 6k voucher for 18k points. So, its like 1MR = 0.333 Rs.

Any other better usable and rewarding option that you can think of?
It is more like 30 paisa because you can get Amazon pay at 10% discount if you know how