• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC should I add in platinum Travel MR Pool Or Gold MR Pool?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Screenshot 2024-01-20 142930.png Screenshot 2024-01-20 142902.png

Above SS is of Dad's Amex Account, not mine. I need help here. On Platinum, I have 1.70 lakhs MR points. If I add the newly received MRCC to Platinum instead of Gold (initially that's what I thought), can I redeem 18k and 24k...? Both have different usernames to log in, but I don't lose Platinum benefits of transferring to Marriott (I haven't transferred yet because I don't have a travel plan yet, and I'm still learning the dos and don'ts of transfer, so I can't mess up here). And the 4 lakhs milestone benefit and all would be received just like before on Platinum; only 18k and 24k will be unlocked. I haven't tried to initiate the process, though. I'm aware I can remove and add the credit card back, but I thought let's ask here, right?

abhiver

TF Premier
Today I got a update from AMEX customer care that they do not have facility to Pool.
They denied my request to Pool MRCC points with the Plat Travel Card and offering me to Transfer the MRCC points into Plat Travel Card but not vice versa.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Any reason you redeemed from the 24K Gold collection instead of the 18K Gold collection?

Isn't that having a slightly better return % ? 6K MR points loss, if I'm not wrong.
Yes I Actually made a mistake I was supposed to select 18k but then cause it was a bug from amex cause one can't use plat travel point n convert into mrcc gold collection. I wanted to use max point I could use so I went with 1,68,000. N yes loss of 6k MR points.