• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gold Charge application pending

Ksunnylove

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have applied for amex gold card on 26/10/2023 as my 3rd amex card but the application is still pending since 20 days i have spoken to Amex support even emailed to nodal desk but no progress is seen. last time when i applied for amex mrcc and plat travel card it was approved within 3 days without any income docs.

Any other way to escalate the matter ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have applied for amex gold card on 26/10/2023 as my 3rd amex card but the application is still pending since 20 days i have spoken to Amex support even emailed to nodal desk but no progress is seen. last time when i applied for amex mrcc and plat travel card it was approved within 3 days without any income docs.

Any other way to escalate the matter ?
As per some members opinion here, it seems Amex has some weird logic of not to grant gold charge as the third card after MRCC and Platinum travel..(especially so, within short span of time)
Not sure why…

Ksunnylove

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As per some members opinion here, it seems Amex has some weird logic of not to grant gold charge as the third card after MRCC and Platinum travel..(especially so, within short span of time)
Not sure why…
okay, but i m applying gold card after almost 01 year of other 02 cards

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
May be , some fat AS*
Babysitting The Simpsons GIF by AniDom

Maybe Amex is saving OP from getting scammed.

avijith7

TF Buzz
I want to apply for American Express Gold Charge Card. I already have the Platinum Travel Card, and other cards like Axis Atlas, Axis Vistara Infinite. Can you dm Bestbanker?

gg123

TF Premier
@Ksunnylove
Is there any reason your application is pending for so long ?
I had applied for amex gold 2 weeks ago and it is still in pending (First amex card).
No VKYC automated email. and Customer support informed I'll get the call back from KYC team. it's been more than 10 days but no luck
Kindly let me know if there Is any way I could escalate this

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My first Amex application was for a Gold charge card, applied on 3rd October. I used some random referral link online and submited, it was pending for over 2 months.

Meanwhile, once I joined this community I applied for MRCC and then Platinum Travel using a member's referral. I received both the cards, Platinum travel after 2 weeks of receiving MRCC.

Surprisingly Amex called me after receiving my 2nd card and apologized for the delay and then got my first Amex application (Gold card) which was over 2.5months old approved!

Unexpectedly Amex trifecta is complete for me!

P.s: I have huge respect for Amex, especially their customer service! Top marks from me!

Last edited:

gg123

TF Premier
My first Amex application was for a Gold charge card, applied on 3rd October. I used some random referral link online and submited, it was pending for over 2 months.

Meanwhile, once I joined this community I applied for MRCC and then Platinum Travel using a member's referral. I received both the cards, Platinum travel after 2 weeks of receiving MRCC.

Surprisingly Amex called me after receiving my 2nd card and apologized for the delay and then got my first Amex application (Gold card) which was over 2.5months old approved!

Unexpectedly Amex trifecta is complete for me!

P.s: I have huge respect for Amex, especially their customer service! Top marks from me!
I don't understand why but. Amex Gold charge applications are getting delayed a lot. my application took 21 days, even though the Customer service is best in class it took a really strong worded email to get it escalated.

But my brother applied MRCC via my referral and it was approved in 1 day. Applied around 9AM it was approved at 1:00PM