• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American express pay in USD Charges?

bing1309

TF Premier
hey guys i have got my new card American Express platinum travel card. but I have a query as this card company belongs to United States and the merchant is also United States wondering what are the charges if we pay in USD to a merchant who asking for USD itself. we are not talking about other country like euro pound etc but USD
kindly confirm me the charges for USD if paid

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
hey guys i have got my new card American Express platinum travel card. but I have a query as this card company belongs to United States and the merchant is also United States wondering what are the charges if we pay in USD to a merchant who asking for USD itself. we are not talking about other country like euro pound etc but USD
will get converted to inr and applicable forex + international pay chgs will apply.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Since you've an Indian variant of the card, everything at the end of the day will be settled in INR as per the RBI rules. :)