• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express (Amex) MRCC monthly milestone credit timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there,

Amex Membership rewards credit card provides two monthly milestones:
  1. 1500 x 4 transactions in a month = 1000 rewards point
    This reward is by default enabled and as soon as you complete 4 transactions and the same is posted, bonus points gets credited as well.
  2. 20000/month spend = 1000 rewards points
    This is a enrolment based milestone benefit.
My doubt is when does this 20K/month spend milestone bonus points gets credited? as soon as you complete 20K spend or is it month end or is it next month start?

Amex team is also not able to clearly answer this, so clarifying. Anyone who has been receiving this milestone can comment?

Thanks.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi there,

Amex Membership rewards credit card provides two monthly milestones:
  1. 1500 x 4 transactions in a month = 1000 rewards point
    This reward is by default enabled and as soon as you complete 4 transactions and the same is posted, bonus points gets credited as well.
  2. 20000/month spend = 1000 rewards points
    This is a enrolment based milestone benefit.
My doubt is when does this 20K/month spend milestone bonus points gets credited? as soon as you complete 20K spend or is it month end or is it next month start?

Amex team is also not able to clearly answer this, so clarifying. Anyone who has been receiving this milestone can comment?

Thanks.
This month I got 2k points together once the transactions got settled
Note the point after ur registration for 20k milestone ur spends should be after 5 days then only u will get that 1000 points

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This month I got 2k points together once the transactions got settled
Note the point after ur registration for 20k milestone ur spends should be after 5 days then only u will get that 1000 points
I registered on 8th Nov, and confirmed with customer care that my enrolment was completed on 9th Nov. and that all the spends from 9th Nov shall be considered for the milestone. from 9th nov i have crossed 20K spends.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I registered on 8th Nov, and confirmed with customer care that my enrolment was completed on 9th Nov. and that all the spends from 9th Nov shall be considered for the milestone. from 9th nov i have crossed 20K spends.
Then wait till month end
For me when I registered and called cc they only asked to transact after 3 days as per their website

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ok thanks. So I think the pattern is for 1st month they credit in first week on next month and second month onwards they credit as soon as you complete the milestone.

kilroy

TF Buzz
For me, the 20k milestone bonus reward is credited as soon as the transaction is settled, i.e. the next day.

However, one important thing to keep in mind is that we need to exclude the GST from the amount spent.
I had recently completed 20k, but then upon enquiring with the CC, they said after deducting the GST, I was short of 20K and asked me to spend a little more to meet the milestone. However, they could not reveal the exact amount I was short.

Does anyone know an easy of way tracking this? (apart from manually tracking each transaction of course)
@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @Subhankar

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
For me, the 20k milestone bonus reward is credited as soon as the transaction is settled, i.e. the next day.

However, one important thing to keep in mind is that we need to exclude the GST from the amount spent.
I had recently completed 20k, but then upon enquiring with the CC, they said after deducting the GST, I was short of 20K and asked me to spend a little more to meet the milestone. However, they could not reveal the exact amount I was short.

Does anyone know an easy of way tracking this? (apart from manually tracking each transaction of course)
No other way to track.

bhsiddharth

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

you can download excel for the month from american express and check the sum after excluding transactions if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.