• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon Pay plans to offer Credit on UPI

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Amazon Pay plans to offer Credit on UPI:

Amazon Pay is looking to offer credit on unified payments interface (UPI) to customers, and is working with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for the same.

“One of our stated objectives is to innovate in partnership with NPCI. Credit on UPI is one large initiative. So, we are very actively looking at that to see how we continue to enhance customer experience and value proposition,” Amazon Pay India whole-time director Vikas Bansal said.

Currently, over 100 million customers use Amazon Pay UPI for shopping, paying bills, paying at online merchants, and sending money to their contacts. Amazon offers instant credit through the Amazon Pay Later option on its platform. Here, customers can make purchases on the Amazon marketplace using equated monthly installments.

Amazon Finance India offers Buy Now Pay Later in partnership with financial platform Axio, IDFC FIRST Bank, and Karur Vysya Bank. Amazon Pay Later has garnered 9 million customer sign-ups. The platform has a payment success rate of 99.9%.

So far, credit on UPI volumes have been hindered by a lack of clarity on the interchange fee structure and lower adoption among smaller merchants. With Amazon’s extensive merchant network, Bansal feels that the merchant discount rate should be set in such a way that it provides an incentive to all players.

“If the MDR is too high, the merchant ecosystem will hurt while banks will benefit. So, I think you need to put it in a way that it offers incentives for all players in the ecosystem,” he said.

Over 8.5 million offline merchants have been onboarded as Amazon Pay merchants across more than 350 cities and towns. Amazon Pay is widely accepted at over 10,000 online merchants, covering a wide range of services, including cabs, food delivery, movie ticketing, bus ticketing, and travel bookings, including merchants like Uber, Zomato, Swiggy, Dominos, and BookMyShow.

Additionally, Amazon Pay has partnered with RBL Bank for UPI payments, ICICI Bank for FASTag recharge, as well as the Amazon Pay ICICI co-branded credit card.

In February, Amazon Pay received a payment aggregator licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Earlier, it had received the regulator’s nod for a prepaid payment instrument licence.

“We have been processing or serving both customers and merchants for a very long time. This licence validates our strategy and approach. We will use the licence to expand our value proposition,” Bansal said.

hema220

TF Premier
“If the MDR is too high, the merchant ecosystem will hurt while banks will benefit. So, I think you need to put it in a way that it offers incentives for all players in the ecosystem,” he said.
Yes, otherwise merchants will disable credit on upi like what they are doing for rupay cc on upi

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Credit line personal loan hota hai.

ICICI Pay Later, Freecharge Pay Later, Slice, Uni Cards, Postpe, Amazon Pay Later, Flipkart Pay Later, Mobikwik ZIP, Lazy Pay sab credit lines se hi loan dete the/hai.
Ya but ICICI Credit line on UPI showing under Credit Card section on Cibil.

other Freecharge Pay Later, Slice, Uni Cards, Postpe, Amazon Pay Later, Flipkart Pay Later, Mobikwik ZIP, Lazy Pay tec hsowing under loan section on Cibil.

Bank or payment companies can now offer 30 days/50 days free credit limit on credit line on UPI.

If Amazon wants, Amazon can also offer reward cashback too.

Baki launch k baad dekhte hai.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Abhi tak ye launch nahi hua fir tumhe kaise pta?
Launch ho gaya hai kab ka, mai use bhi karta hu.

ICICI paylater ko he ab Credit line on UPI me kar diya hai.

Open GPay >> profile setting >> choose credit line on UPI >> choose ICICI bank >> tumhara ICICI paylater yaha pe link ho jayega.

Pahele saving account section me link hua karta tha, now Credit line on UPI me hote hai.

Aur hai Cibil me Credit card section me show karta hai yeh, Loan section me nahi, Loan section me hone par cibil score kharab hote hai. Pata he hoga tumhe.