• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Alternative in case of Axis Magnus devaluation or discontinuation

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis Magnus is currently leader of credit cards in India. But we know soon it is going to be devalued. May be axis decides to discontinue it. Axis Magnus is such a card that covers all types of users. Those who travel a lot, pay utility bills, do shopping, etc. It is kind of all in one card at the moment. Even if fees of this card is 10K plus taxes but we still get something in return. Reward rate we all know cannot be matched by any other credit card. Another good thing is it gets easily approved comparatively. Credit cards like infinia are difficult to get and nothing much in return for fees.

What you guys think is the next bank credit card available in India like Magnus which is best for all types of users and easily available?

PaneerButterMasala

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Seriously looking for alternatives after this devaluation. My expenses PM are about 1.5L, mostly online spends.

Current scenario -

HDFC - Stuck with Diners Millenia. I hold a dormant HDFC account.
Amex - Platinum travel + MRCC. Low usage due to non acceptance.
SBI - Vistara Prime - good only till milestones are hit.
Axis - Vistara infinite & Magnus

I already have Axis Vistara infinite and Magnus. Unable to add another card through online application. LMK is there's any workaround here.

I am mostly looking for milestone based credit cards. I feel due to the nature of my spends, milestone credit cards will offer the best value.

Please suggest best strategies post Magnus world to maximize utilization. Much thanks!
Did you try HDFC DCB?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Isn't Magnus the better option in this case even after deval.. And there are so many influencers pushing for Atlas as replacement
Correct, when it comes to travel and you book on traveledge then Magnus is still better in terms of value back as miles.

I don't prefer booking hotels on Traveledge as there are very less options (many room variations doesn't show up) and price is quite high compared to Agoda or booking. So I'd rather book there.
For this the base reward of Atlas is better.

Magnus more than makes up for joining fee difference by giving other non spend based benefits like priority pass, BMS offer, meet & greet etc.

Best option is to have both if you spend a lot on travel. Else choose one that makes more sense for your spends.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Are you only going to use for travel spends only? The base reward rate is 4% on Atlas whereas 2.4% on Magnus. And what about annual fee difference?
Will be spending on travel as well others.. Agree price difference is there but you get option of giftedge and other benefits to cover the additional fees that Atlas does not have..

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Correct, when it comes to travel and you book on traveledge then Magnus is still better in terms of value back as miles.

I don't prefer booking hotels on Traveledge as there are very less options (many room variations doesn't show up) and price is quite high compared to Agoda or booking. So I'd rather book there.
For this the base reward of Atlas is better.

Magnus more than makes up for joining fee difference by giving other non spend based benefits like priority pass, BMS offer, meet & greet etc.

Best option is to have both if you spend a lot on travel. Else choose one that makes more sense for your spends.
Got Atlas recently, but was now thinking if I will use it since Magnus will always give me better reward on TravelEdge. Agree that on aggregators we can get better reward rate with Atlas in case of travel.
One doubt, if aggregators are giving cashback for flight ticket on Axis card during sales, Will Atlas be eligible for cashback?

nrj1007

TF Premier
Got Atlas recently, but was now thinking if I will use it since Magnus will always give me better reward on TravelEdge. Agree that on aggregators we can get better reward rate with Atlas in case of travel.
One doubt, if aggregators are giving cashback for flight ticket on Axis card during sales, Will Atlas be eligible for cashback?
On aggregators, Atlas gives 4% cashback only. Yes it will be eligible for any promotions on aggregator.
Note: Atlas gives 10% cashback only on direct website bookings.

nrj1007

TF Premier
Will be spending on travel as well others.. Agree price difference is there but you get option of giftedge and other benefits to cover the additional fees that Atlas does not have..
Keep both I would say. Anyways Atlas fee is more than compensated with joining bonus.
Do normal spends and travel spends on direct websites from Atlas.
Travel edge and gift edge from Magnus.

Madhav

TF Buzz
I have spends of around 9l per year on my card. I was about to get Magnus(pre-approved) before devaluation but now I'm thinking about getting Vistara Infinite.

Should I go with Infinite for 9l or do you guys have better recommendations?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have spends of around 9l per year on my card. I was about to get Magnus(pre-approved) before devaluation but now I'm thinking about getting Vistara Infinite.

Should I go with Infinite for 9l or do you guys have better recommendations?
Evaluate Atlas as well. Also check if you have good Vistara connectivity from your home town otherwise Vistara cards aren’t so useful.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have closed Magnus and got Vistara Infinite and Atlas. Using both to see which is better for my user case. Will do a Vistara Infinite VS Atlas soon with math and figures.

Magnus is dead long live Atlus/Vistara Infinite

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_201842.jpg
    IMG_20230825_201842.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230825_201817.jpg
    IMG_20230825_201817.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230825_201756.jpg
    IMG_20230825_201756.jpg
    942.1 KB · Views: 19
I am also in the same boat confused on atlas vs magnus. For joining feee its totally recoverred for atlas now and i will keep it till next year. Magnus gives a lot of benifits which i feel atlas misses out on , and also for existing customer the renewal fee will stay at 10K+GST and not go up to 12.5K+GST. You get unlimited lounge, M&G , Guest Access, BOGO, Eazy Diner , Access to premium lounges and so much more. I think what axis is trying to do is just get rid of few people from magnus pool and when people have shifted they can gradually increase the reward rate from 2.4% vs 4%(Atlas) to 3/4 . And anyway traveledge gives better reward for magnus even after deval.

typhoon

TF Select
I am also in the same boat confused on atlas vs magnus. For joining feee its totally recoverred for atlas now and i will keep it till next year. Magnus gives a lot of benifits which i feel atlas misses out on , and also for existing customer the renewal fee will stay at 10K+GST and not go up to 12.5K+GST. You get unlimited lounge, M&G , Guest Access, BOGO, Eazy Diner , Access to premium lounges and so much more. I think what axis is trying to do is just get rid of few people from magnus pool and when people have shifted they can gradually increase the reward rate from 2.4% vs 4%(Atlas) to 3/4 . And anyway traveledge gives better reward for magnus even after deval.
Axis will remove that or decrease it, they don't have free money for giveaway.
AXIS should follow the steps on HDFC and it should restrict per month bonus earning to 15k-25k max for Magnus.