• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

All about standard chartered credit cards (query)

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I have follwing questions regarding standard chartered bank

1. Are the cards worth it...??

2. Do they give pre approved offers to existing savings account holders???

3. Which is the best account with minimum balance to get pre approved offers..??

4. Do they give cards to normal people other than those having salary accounts in scb or are only salaried..???

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am considering getting a SC card. How is the cashback redemption process on the Smart card? Do we need to redeem it for some voucher or can it be credited to the account? Is there a redemption fee? Also, which vouchers are available?
Being self employed, I will have to go with their Priority Account by depositing 30 lakhs. Not an issue for me as they promised any card I want within 1 month of account opening. However, I am not sure if any of their cards is worth the hassle. Leaning towards the Smart Card for 2% cashback on tax payments. However, I would like to know if tgis cashback can be easily redeemed for some useful voucher. I believe there is nothing like Amazon. Do they have Big Basket or Swiggy?

Cierdo

TF Premier
I am considering getting a SC card. How is the cashback redemption process on the Smart card? Do we need to redeem it for some voucher or can it be credited to the account? Is there a redemption fee? Also, which vouchers are available?
Being self employed, I will have to go with their Priority Account by depositing 30 lakhs. Not an issue for me as they promised any card I want within 1 month of account opening. However, I am not sure if any of their cards is worth the hassle. Leaning towards the Smart Card for 2% cashback on tax payments. However, I would like to know if tgis cashback can be easily redeemed for some useful voucher. I believe there is nothing like Amazon. Do they have Big Basket or Swiggy?
SC Smart card doesnt support vouchers. It only gives you the option to redeem the cashback as statement cashback, i.e. the cashback gets deposited directly into your accounts. However, keep in mind that there is a monthly capping of Rs 1000/- for online transactions on the Smart card.
As for the redemption conditions, you need a minimum of 1000 points to redeem any, and thereafter you can redeem in multiples of 500. i.e. you can redeem points only if your points are in a multiple of 500 followed by 1000. (1000, 1500, 2000, 2500.....)

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SC Smart card doesnt support vouchers. It only gives you the option to redeem the cashback as statement cashback, i.e. the cashback gets deposited directly into your accounts. However, keep in mind that there is a monthly capping of Rs 1000/- for online transactions on the Smart card.
As for the redemption conditions, you need a minimum of 1000 points to redeem any, and thereafter you can redeem in multiples of 500. i.e. you can redeem points only if your points are in a multiple of 500 followed by 1000. (1000, 1500, 2000, 2500.....)
Sounds good. Direct statement credit is much better than vouchers.

hysteriadoc

TF Select
I am desperate for SC card (any). I have been applying since last 2 years. Every 6 months I apply I get a Rejected message. How can I get successfully get approved for it ? Please help ? I am salaried, 3 L income.

helloworld

TF Legend
I am desperate for SC card (any). I have been applying since last 2 years. Every 6 months I apply I get a Rejected message. How can I get successfully get approved for it ? Please help ? I am salaried, 3 L income.

why? whats the feature you missed and can get from only this bank? [ ignore this question, if solo purpose is to collect cards ]

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
Open Savings account ( 25k Mab is sufficient) With in 2 to 3 months, you get pre approved offers.

helloworld

TF Legend
Does Platinum rewards card give unlimited reward points on monthly fuel purchases of say 20k?

The Platinum Rewards card lets you earn 5 reward points for every INR 150 spent on dining and fuel with no monthly cap on the rewards earned. Terms and conditions apply.

btw, 1 RP = 0.25p and 5x = 0.83%

not sure this is the best card for fuel. 99+GST redemption fee and not so useful vouchers for redemption.

pranjal1984

TF Select
The Platinum Rewards card lets you earn 5 reward points for every INR 150 spent on dining and fuel with no monthly cap on the rewards earned. Terms and conditions apply.

btw, 1 RP = 0.25p and 5x = 0.83%

not sure this is the best card for fuel. 99+GST redemption fee and not so useful vouchers for redemption.
Well I already am having BPCL Octane, Kotak IOCL and IDFC Power+. Just checking and comparing if the accrued rewards from Platinum Rewards card can match. But seems that it is not at all compatable to my existing fuel cards.

helloworld

TF Legend
Well I already am having BPCL Octane, Kotak IOCL and IDFC Power+. Just checking and comparing if the accrued rewards from Platinum Rewards card can match. But seems that it is not at all compatable to my existing fuel cards.

how much monthly fuel spends you have?

Octane = 10k
Power+ = 10k
IOCL = 7.5k

thats already 27.5k worth of fuel every month.