• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel axis card application issue

arn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm trying to apply for Airtel axis card via Airtel thanks app, but it is showing error to recheck application due to incorrect details.
while I checked the details many times, all were correct.
only thing is I already have a Axis Flipkart card issued linked to second mobile number.

can one else faced similar issue?
image_picker1526949852882711419.jpg

Strange

TF Legend
I believe the reason for the delay in approving the Axis Airtel credit card application could be because we applied using a mobile number that isn't registered with our Axis credit cards, or they might be assessing our relationship with Airtel. I came across a forum where it was mentioned that they don't easily approve applications for non-Airtel users. This is purely my speculation. What are your thoughts on this?
@4uziaul @pprakash11 @akshayhs @Shubham yadav

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I believe the reason for the delay in approving the Axis Airtel credit card application could be because we applied using a mobile number that isn't registered with our Axis credit cards, or they might be assessing our relationship with Airtel. I came across a forum where it was mentioned that they don't easily approve applications for non-Airtel users. This is purely my speculation. What are your thoughts on this?
I am a long-time Airtel user with both their Postpaid Plus and Broadband connections. Out of the 9 times I've applied, 7-8 times have been rejections specifically for this card. 🤣 You could say I have a PhD in applying for the Axis Credit Card. 🤣

In short, there is no such correlation. Just remain patient, as I mentioned before and will repeat again: when it comes to Axis, you can't predict anything about them. They are more likely to issue a higher-tier card with ease, yet they hesitate to approve a basic entry-level card. 🤣

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Non registered mobile no. can't be a obstacle to take a decision on our application because they can easily update mobile no in credit card accounts also i applied through my secondary airtel no. I have contacted my friends who applied same day as mine but they also don't get any update may be something is going on in Axis or shitty a**s is like Gajni waala aamir khan who forget easily. But we will have to wait at least 7 working days as state in msg than we would proceed with appropriate approach including RBI Bamboo.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Non registered mobile no. can't be a obstacle to take a decision on our application because they can easily update mobile no in credit card accounts also i applied through my secondary airtel no. I have contacted my friends who applied same day as mine but they also don't get any update may be something is going on in Axis or shitty a**s is like Gajni waala aamir khan who forget easily. But we will have to wait at least 7 working days as state in msg than we would proceed with appropriate approach including RBI Bamboo.
They didn't give any update for over 15 days for my axis ace, then when I contacted them through twitter, next day they informed me of rejection.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
My application was too from a non-Axis Mobile number. But mine was approved within 7 days.
Nothing related as such.
Just wait patiently.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I am an AirTel Postpaid user, and I applied for it from my mom's number.

No idea about not approving for non-AirTel customers easily.

Now I am fighting with Axis to remove their personal details from my credit accounts and yesterday their Nodal office has shared an update that it will be done in 7 working days.

CC tracker worked for me in my case so I was constantly informed about the updates with my application

Strange

TF Legend
Now I am fighting with Axis to remove their personal details from my credit accounts and yesterday their Nodal office has shared an update that it will be done in 7 working days.
What personal details? Only Mobile number right?
@pprakash11 You mentioned that they don't report new mobile number to the credit bureaus if you change it to your old number then how did they report his new mobile number to his credit report?

akshayhs

TF Ace
What personal details? Only Mobile number right?
Email address of my mom and phone number (AirTel)
Email address of my dad and phone number (Ace)
they don't report new mobile number to the credit bureaus if you change it to your old number
Idi Amin Laugh GIF - Idi Amin Laugh Lol - Discover & Share GIFs

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I received mobile number update messages yesterday for my old Axis Bank credit cards. Now, the Airtel Axis Credit Card is visible in my Axis net banking. Should I update my mobile number to the old number now, or should I wait for a message confirming the application approval or card delivery?

@akshayhs @pprakash11 @Shubham yadav @4uziaul @Chaitanya-a
Now that the card is showing on your Airtel NetBanking/App, you're good to go with number Change. They can't reverse the card issue. However, I would suggest to wait till card delivery.

Strange

TF Legend
Now that the card is showing on your Airtel NetBanking/App, you're good to go with number Change. They can't reverse the card issue. However, I would suggest to wait till card delivery.
What about CIBIL reporting? Will they update the new number to CIBIL as Axis Bank reports on the bill date, and the 15th is the bill date for my Ace and Flipkart cards, which is coming up soon. Will they update the new number for both my old Axis cards and the new Airtel card? How can I avoid this?

@akshayhs

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I received mobile number update messages yesterday for my old Axis Bank credit cards. Now, the Airtel Axis Credit Card is visible in my Axis net banking. Should I update my mobile number to the old number now, or should I wait for a message confirming the application approval or card delivery?
Wait until card delivery

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
What about CIBIL reporting? Will they update the new number to CIBIL as Axis Bank reports on the bill date, and the 15th is the bill date for my Ace and Flipkart cards, which is coming up soon. Will they update the new number for both my old Axis cards and the new Airtel card? How can I avoid this?

@akshayhs
They will update new no. in CIBIL as they did in mine