• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airport lounge access for family

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi, I have been holding multiple credit and debit cards (>10 credit cards & > 5 debit cards) including of super premium cards like HDFC Infinia & Axis Magnus cards. Also hold multiple priority passes. I keep traveling sometimes with family but unfortunately I could never use airport lounge access fecility since most of the above cards are on my name.
Here is my query:

1. Is there any option where I can take my family into Airport lounge with free of cost by using my eligible cards?
2. Which are the kids accounts/cards make them also eligible for accessing the airport lounges?
3. My wife already holds add on cards which are eligible for lounge access. So my worry is about my kids whose ages are between 10 & 17. What are the other possible options to make them eligible?
4. I heard like we can take the family by using multiple cards, but I am not sure whether it is officially accepted! Am trying to find out the authenticated options!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi, I have been holding multiple credit and debit cards (>10 credit cards & > 5 debit cards) including of super premium cards like HDFC Infinia & Axis Magnus cards. Also hold multiple priority passes. I keep traveling sometimes with family but unfortunately I could never use airport lounge access fecility since most of the above cards are on my name.
Here is my query:

1. Is there any option where I can take my family into Airport lounge with free of cost by using my eligible cards?
2. Which are the kids accounts/cards make them also eligible for accessing the airport lounges?
3. My wife already holds add on cards which are eligible for lounge access. So my worry is about my kids whose ages are between 10 & 17. What are the other possible options to make them eligible?
4. I heard like we can take the family by using multiple cards, but I am not sure whether it is officially accepted! Am trying to find out the authenticated options!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
axis magnus card has 8 guest entry free. you can use your pp for your kids

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have you tried going by generating QR on dreamfolks app? I have heard that lounge doesn't check card or anything much if you show QR code..
Generally speaking, lounges allow kids to go through their parents card. Only some lounge might throw a fit, but usually they allow.

Best official way would be to open IDFC wealth account with your wife in family banking. Both of your Wealth debit card would have 3+3 guest allowed so you can use for yourself + 3 kids at the same time.

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Have you tried going by generating QR on dreamfolks app? I have heard that lounge doesn't check card or anything much if you show QR code..
Generally speaking, lounges allow kids to go through their parents card. Only some lounge might throw a fit, but usually they allow.

Best official way would be to open IDFC wealth account with your wife in family banking. Both of your Wealth debit card would have 3+3 guest allowed so you can use for yourself + 3 kids at the same time.
do this wealth debit quota is 3+3 in a quarter?? can we swipe all 3 at one go? i think its 3 different times in a quarter with a guest. i have not checked though

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
do this wealth debit quota is 3+3 in a quarter?? can we swipe all 3 at one go? i think its 3 different times in a quarter with a guest. i have not checked though
No, you can swipe once but you can take 3 guest with you. So 4 people in total with one swipe every quarter.
See attached screenshot for example.

The next time you wont be allowed guests offcourse but you can take kids atleast once with one card in a quarter. If in family banking, you can get one more card for your wife and basically do a whole trip with 2 wealth debit cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-25-09-00-25-932_in.dreamfolks.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-25-09-00-25-932_in.dreamfolks.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 134

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is family banking account same as joint account? I cant see anything in IDFC similar to family banking from HDFC etc where multiple family members can have their individual accounts linked to a single group..

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No, you can swipe once but you can take 3 guest with you. So 4 people in total with one swipe every quarter.

The next time you wont be allowed guests offcourse but you can take kids atleast once with one card in a quarter. If in family banking, you can get one more card for your wife and basically do a whole trip with 2 wealth debit cards.
where to check visits left as u have sent screenshot. i also have wealth debit card

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Gues entry is also on domestic
Hi, Thanks for clarifying. I am still confused. the website (Axis Magnus) shows that the domestic lounge access is only for Primary and addon card holders. Here is the screenshot. Even I don't find any description in the T&C also!! https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/magnus_domestic_lounge_tnc.pdf

I agree that they may not be seriously looking at whose names are there in the boarding passes & cards!! But I don't want to be in awkward situation when I go there.

1682407292904.png

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Thanks for sharing this. It looks good!!
I don't have IDFC savings account for now. Let me check if I can open.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi, Thanks for clarifying. I am still confused. the website (Axis Magnus) shows that the domestic lounge access is only for Primary and addon card holders. Here is the screenshot. Even I don't find any description in the T&C also!! https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/magnus_domestic_lounge_tnc.pdf

I agree that they may not be seriously looking at whose names are there in the boarding passes & cards!! But I don't want to be in awkward situation when I go there.

1682407292904.png
Using your PP , you can access domestic lounges as well and 8 free guest entry a year is valid in domestic lounges as well

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
where to check visits left as u have sent screenshot. i also have wealth debit card
Pasting it here too for other people reference:

It is the dreamfolk app which handles lounge access through QR code. You can generate QR code from this app and show it at lounge desk to gain entry. Not all lounges allow QR entry but the app is usefull to see how many visits left, guest allowed or not, what benefits you have on the card like spa etc etc.. so best to always carry the card at lounges even with QR

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is family banking account same as joint account? I cant see anything in IDFC similar to family banking from HDFC etc where multiple family members can have their individual accounts linked to a single group..
Yup, idfc have family banking just like hdfc. Everyone have individual account and internally they are all linked in same group and everyone shares mab requirement. Its not joint account.

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yup, idfc have family banking just like hdfc. Everyone have individual account and internally they are all linked in same group and everyone shares mab requirement. Its not joint account.
So they must have started it in last 6 to 8 months. When I enquired last year they said no family banking. Will check with the agent again. Thanks!

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Why waste your international priority pass guest usage on domestic airports?

Get 3 add on cards on your HDFC infinia credit card (only thing is that the add on members must have HDFC account).
Using infinia priority pass, you and 3 other members of your family (total 4 people) can visit the lounge without any hassle.

If there are more members, use your magnus or other cards which have lounge access for them. Generally domestic lounges allow you to use your card for your family members (only if you are present).

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here is my query:

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Domestic

1. Yes you can use any of your cards for your kids entry unofficially. If you and your spouse use your Magnus and add on, just use your Infinia and add on for your kids within India.
2. If you are keen to have cards in kids name, check HDFC Bank young star account. They provide Rupay platinum which gives lounge access. My 7 year old son has his own card.
3. Some cards allowed guest entry domestic like Citi Bank debit card but they stopped it. Refer to other posts.
4. Officially mostly no but we are in India.

International

1. Mostly no as they match card name and boarding pass. If it is a single parent, sometimes they allow different cards to be punched to allow kids entry. So use your free guest access on Magnus.

Or you can pay and use as most international ones charge 25 to 30 USD which is like 2500 rupees max.

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Domestic

1. Yes you can use any of your cards for your kids entry unofficially. If you and your spouse use your Magnus and add on, just use your Infinia and add on for your kids within India.
2. If you are keen to have cards in kids name, check HDFC Bank young star account. They provide Rupay platinum which gives lounge access. My 7 year old son has his own card.
3. Some cards allowed guest entry domestic like Citi Bank debit card but they stopped it. Refer to other posts.
4. Officially mostly no but we are in India.

International

1. Mostly no as they match card name and boarding pass. If it is a single parent, sometimes they allow different cards to be punched to allow kids entry. So use your free guest access on Magnus.

Or you can pay and use as most international ones charge 25 to 30 USD which is like 2500 rupees max.
Very informative. Thanks a lot.