• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

After complaint, Federal Bank to change process flow.

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for a Federal Bank CC for the first time through the designàted link on 03rd April, 2023 at 10:25 AM.

After processing the application upto the stage where all my details were captured by the Bank, suddenly a prompt appeared on screen "Sorry! No offers are available."

Thereafter the page returned to the beginning and when tried again, it simply kept on saying the same thing.

A little later I received a call from one of Bank executives who asked about the problem faced while completing the application. I informed him that this error was appearing. On this he stated that there could be some technical glitch responsible for the issue, and that I should try it again.

When re-tried the same issue contunued to appear and the same is the issue till date also.

Since, I completed all the necessary processes online, including providing my PAN Number, AADHAR Number, and other details related to my residence and office addresses and employment. Additionally, I underwent a CIBIL inquiry.

I was perplexed by this outcome, as I have an excellent credit profile and fulfill all the requirements. Furthermore, I already possess the most premium Credit Cards issued by the top banks of India on LTF basis.

I finally thought of taking up the matter with the bank and started a communication seeking detailed explanation of what has happened.

I asked the bank that I understood that there would have been certain factors including some technical issues responsible for the outcome. However, as a customer, I deserved to know the reasons behind the outcome of my application.

I requested for specific details, including shortcomings or discrepancies, if any that might have impacted the result to be shared with me on priority basis.

CONTD.....

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I had applied for a Federal Bank CC for the first time through the designàted link on 03rd April, 2023 at 10:25 AM.

After processing the application upto the stage where all my details were captured by the Bank, suddenly a prompt appeared on screen "Sorry! No offers are available."

Thereafter the page returned to the beginning and when tried again, it simply kept on saying the same thing.

A little later I received a call from one of Bank executives who asked about the problem faced while completing the application. I informed him that this error was appearing. On this he stated that there could be some technical glitch responsible for the issue, and that I should try it again.

When re-tried the same issue contunued to appear and the same is the issue till date also.

Since, I completed all the necessary processes online, including providing my PAN Number, AADHAR Number, and other details related to my residence and office addresses and employment. Additionally, I underwent a CIBIL inquiry.

I was perplexed by this outcome, as I have an excellent credit profile and fulfill all the requirements. Furthermore, I already possess the most premium Credit Cards issued by the top banks of India on LTF basis.

I finally thought of taking up the matter with the bank and started a communication seeking detailed explanation of what has happened.

I asked the bank that I understood that there would have been certain factors including some technical issues responsible for the outcome. However, as a customer, I deserved to know the reasons behind the outcome of my application.

I requested for specific details, including shortcomings or discrepancies, if any that might have impacted the result to be shared with me on priority basis.

CONTD.....
what happened in the end?
what process flow did they change?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
what happened in the end?
what process flow did they change?
I had the same issue twice. Raised to federal bank support and then rbi ombudsman.

Initially they told internal criteria and later after rbi ombudsman complaint told number of enquiries and income as rejection reason and closed my complaint.

I had about 6-8 enquiries in last 6 months and income was more than double of what is needed😅.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had the same issue twice. Raised to federal bank support and then rbi ombudsman.

Initially they told internal criteria and later after rbi ombudsman complaint told number of enquiries and income as rejection reason and closed my complaint.

I had about 6-8 enquiries in last 6 months and income was more than double of what is needed😅.
even after income criteria fulfilment they rejected. Thats very bad!!!

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They first told me the statement you have uploaded has not salary credit lol 🤣. I told them i can share again. No response from them for one week. Then i told them I'm going to escalate to rbi ombudsman. Then they promptly replied you have more than permissible no of cibil enquiries. Now I've asked them the permissible amount. Still waiting for a reply for 3 days 🤣

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They first told me the statement you have uploaded has not salary credit lol 🤣. I told them i can share again. No response from them for one week. Then i told them I'm going to escalate to rbi ombudsman. Then they promptly replied you have more than permissible no of cibil enquiries. Now I've asked them the permissible amount. Still waiting for a reply for 3 days 🤣
follow back

ltf4ever

TF Ace
they are now deciding what should be the limit 🤣

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

CONTD.....
After a long conversation and follow up this mail was received from the Bank, stating it was due to Pin Code in their negative list.

CONTD.

Attachments

• image_picker2755071007919181876.jpg
    image_picker2755071007919181876.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 87

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I took the matter to RBI that in case the credit worthiness of the applicant and other qualifying criteria doesn't count in decision making for card issuance to Federal Bank, and that despite meeting all other criteria, some arbitrarily maintained Pin Code list is given supremacy, it is a mal-practice and wrong doing at the end of Bank.

Further, if PIN Code is the most relevant criteria, the first field to be filled up by a customer should be his address PIN Code, even before the PAN Number, leave aside the Aadhar Number and other financial details. This would at least ensure that CIBIL inquiry is not undergone and other important personal and financial details are not unduly fetched and stored by the Bank