• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Add-on Credit card

Credit Karma

TF Premier
I'm thinking of giving an add on CC to my parents,but I have following questions regarding this ordeal -
1. Will the bill for this add on card generate seperately?
2. Since I'm responsible for the bill payments of this card, on whose CIBIL report, mine or my parent's, will it be show?
3. Does it even be there in the CIBIL report at all?

Please reply!

Mr. Aman

TF Select
I'm thinking of giving an add on CC to my parents,but I have following questions regarding this ordeal -
2. Since I'm responsible for the bill payments of this card, on whose CIBIL report, mine or my parent's, will it be show?

Please reply!
answer of 1. is depend on which banks of add on card is.

2. The show on there parents cibil to .

3. yes definitely

in icici bank the give different card no. to add on cardholder and different card work properly like a regular card

but in hdfc bank the add on card and regular card no. is same and add-on card holder is totally depends on primary card holder.

pra1968

TF Select

Please reply!
1 no
Limit and bill are same,for 1st owner.
2.only 1st holder is responsible
3.no

Credit Karma

TF Premier
answer of 1. is depend on which banks of add on card is.

2. The show on there parents cibil to .

3. yes definitely

in icici bank the give different card no. to add on cardholder and different card work properly like a regular card

but in hdfc bank the add on card and regular card no. is same and add-on card holder is totally depends on primary card holder.
1 no
Limit and bill are same,for 1st owner.
2.only 1st holder is responsible
3.no
Does SBI CC show up in my report if I issue add on on SBI cc?
Wil this be a new account or the same in cibil?

Kanna

TF Buzz

Please reply!
This is for IndusInd, received add on card in Nov 2022
1. No
2. only primary card is shown in the primary card holder report ( since limit is being shared)
3. not shown in add on card holder report

BlueFlash

TF Premier
1. Depends
2. Depends
3. Depends
It all depends which bank's CC add-on you are considering. Some banks generate separate bills, some don't. Some banks report to the primary holder's cibil, some to the add-on's holder. Some banks create separate entry, some don't.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
@Mr. Aman @pra1968 @Kanna @BlueFlash @Batmanbaba @Wealth is my birth right!

Are milestone benefits and fee reversal limits for Add on cards separate from the original? Or do the spend limit of all addon card is considered for all milestone benefits and fee reversals?

This is in regard with AU SFB, SBI, HDFC and ICICI?
Generally it’s together only
Just statements show split up for identity of spend between cards
Yly spend it will be together like 98% of banks
Some 2% treat it differently for grabbing annual fee

BlueFlash

TF Premier
@Mr. Aman @pra1968 @Kanna @BlueFlash @Batmanbaba @Wealth is my birth right!

Are milestone benefits and fee reversal limits for Add on cards separate from the original? Or do the spend limit of all addon card is considered for all milestone benefits and fee reversals?

This is in regard with AU SFB, SBI, HDFC and ICICI?
As commented above, nearly all banks consider add-on cards spend together with primary card for annual fee waiver. For, milestone benefits, if the benefit happens to be a "permanent" card feature, then it's together only... however if the milestone benefit happens to be some "occasional" spend based offer, then it can be separate for add-on cards, and is generally mentioned in the tnc of that spend based milestone offer.
Although I can't comment on which above bank follows which rule as I don't own add-on CCs.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
As commented above, nearly all banks consider add-on cards spend together with primary card for annual fee waiver. For, milestone benefits, if the benefit happens to be a "permanent" card feature, then it's together only... however if the milestone benefit happens to be some "occasional" spend based offer, then it can be separate for add-on cards, and is generally mentioned in the tnc of that spend based milestone offer.
Although I can't comment on which above bank follows which rule as I don't own add-on CCs.
That's helpful thank you ☺️

Will surely check TnC before hitting milestones ☺️