• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Account for day to day (UPI) transactions

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I use UPI every time I go to the tea shop and so there are like a 100 transactions of 10rs or 12rs in every statement and this is cluttering my salary/investment/emergency accounts. Tried using wallets. Phonepe works well, but most merchants around me use paytm. I have boycotted paytm because their app is scammy and requires too many permissions. Amazon pay is barely seen. Then there are merchants who have only BHIM. So yeah, all these transactions come up in the account and I would prefer to move all these daily stuff to another account dedicated just for this.

Requirements:
  • Zero/downtime - Don't want to keep waiting forever for the UPI transactions.
  • No/low maintenance charges - monthly, quarterly, whatever. Zero is great. A couple of Ks is also fine. No more than 10k.
  • No app-only stuff. Should be able to see stuff online, on the website, without the app.
  • Debit card is optional, but if it's free I'll take it. I don't want to pay for it.
  • no paytm or airtel payments back.

The ones I do not want, because I already have accounts with them
  • HDFC
  • SBI
  • Kotak

Have CC with IDFC and Axis. Will this help me open an account sooner, if I were to select them, since the kyc and verification were all done already?

Krish

TF Select
IDFC will be good ,but open before 30th june, after that you have to pay annual charges for debit card.

Don’t consider Axis , has annual charges for debit card. And their service is bad.

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
I use UPI every time I go to the tea shop and so there are like a 100 transactions of 10rs or 12rs in every statement and this is cluttering my salary/investment/emergency accounts. Tried using wallets. Phonepe works well, but most merchants around me use paytm. I have boycotted paytm because their app is scammy and requires too many permissions. Amazon pay is barely seen. Then there are merchants who have only BHIM. So yeah, all these transactions come up in the account and I would prefer to move all these daily stuff to another account dedicated just for this.

Requirements:
  • No/low maintenance charges - monthly, quarterly, whatever. Zero is great. A couple of Ks is also fine. No more than 10k.
  • No app-only stuff. Should be able to see stuff online, on the website, without the app.
  • Debit card is optional, but if it's free I'll take it. I don't want to pay for it.

• HDFC
  • SBI
  • Kotak

Have CC with IDFC and Axis. Will this help me open an account sooner, if I were to select them, since the kyc and verification were all done already?
I Use Jupiter (Federal Bank)... It's A Good Account... Otherwise You Can Use IndusDelite Account It's Also Good...

hriday.haria

TF Premier

Requirements:

• HDFC
  • SBI
  • Kotak

I would suggest to go with IDFC, and if possible, 10k variant before 30th June 2022 as others have stated.

Krish

TF Select
Went with IDFC 10k. They had my data pre-filled since I have a CC with them. Still need to do vKYC. Gah.
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Has the account details been sent for you ?
I tried to open the account yesterday and did the funding also. But no account details are sent to me yet.

Reactions: AsB

SC_23

TF Premier
recently i started using icici for daily txns, for most of txns i didn't get messages, contacted icici via twitter they said this icici recently made this change.
Same here used my card for amazon offer was surprised they didn't send me any sms.Funny enough they charged me for sms every quarter even when I didn't did single transaction for months and now they don't even want to send sms 🤡

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has the account details been sent for you ?
I tried to open the account yesterday and did the funding also. But no account details are sent to me yet.
They did. Got a mail some 15-20 mins later with the account number. It also said they'll be sending the chequebook and Debit card to my address shortly.
Didn't say anything about (v)KYC or document submission. Maybe I won't have to do that again.

The funding didn't go through for some unknown reason.
How are you finding IDFC?
Too early to say anything. Haven't even started using, lol.

AsB

TF Ace
IDFC will be good ,but open before 30th june, after that you have to pay annual charges for debit card.

Don’t consider Axis , has annual charges for debit card. And their service is bad.
I second that about Axis. Opened an account, but the branch employees are too useless and stupid. Also, Axis has charges at every corner, which increases continuously.