• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With Stay Plus Night (Complementary Night with Accor Plus) do we get Breakfast as well? Or is it just the Stay? Can someone confirm

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's just the stay, excluding breakfast.
Then I Believe Purchasing the Explorer Accor Plus membership is shit. Traveler works pretty much the same we get everything except the night stay. Looks like I wasted my 12000 Accor points. Rs 7k me normally membership le leni chahyea thi

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then I Believe Purchasing the Explorer Accor Plus membership is shit. Traveler works pretty much the same we get everything except the night stay. Looks like I wasted my 12000 Accor points. Rs 7k me normally membership le leni chahyea thi
Yes. If you're using the points, then probably Traveler makes more sense. It's 4000 points for traveler and 12000 points for the explorer (a difference of 8000 points can translate to 14k+ INR). However, if you're buying it offline through the sales channel, without redeeming the points, the price difference is only about 7000 INR (Around 7k INR for traveler, and 14k for explorer). That might make sense for someone looking to stay at say, the Pullman in New Delhi (where the nightly rate is around 15K without breakfast).

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think the Traveller membership doesn't get you any of the regional vouchers for dining/spa/getaway etc right?
Also, No upgrade voucher for the stay either.

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think the Traveller membership doesn't get you any of the regional vouchers for dining/spa/getaway etc right?
Also, No upgrade voucher for the stay either.
Nope, you get all the vouchers including the upgrade voucher as well. Confirmed with 2 different sales people. Their website also mentions that the only difference is the free night stay (excluding breakfast).

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nope, you get all the vouchers including the upgrade voucher as well. Confirmed with 2 different sales people. Their website also mentions that the only difference is the free night stay (excluding breakfast).
Thanks for confirming.
Then Traveller makes a lot more sense for 4000 pts.
I read somewhere that it's hard to find award night availability in good hotels. is it true?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
accor membership is waste Avoid getting lured by fluencers
I think the traveller membership is worth it. It just costs 4000 pts.
You get a ton of vouchers (some are straight-up free meals not just % discounts)
Additional 10% off and red hot rooms.

Can you tell us why you feel its not worth paying for it?

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for confirming.
Then Traveller makes a lot more sense for 4000 pts.
I read somewhere that it's hard to find award night availability in good hotels. is it true?
Not really. I have planned an 18 days Europe trip, made all the bookings through points already. Except ibis budget category, I could redeem points everywhere else. It was easy to find hotels in central city locations for around 90-100 Euros per night.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not really. I have planned an 18 days Europe trip, made all the bookings through points already. Except ibis budget category, I could redeem points everywhere else. It was easy to find hotels in central city locations for around 90-100 Euros per night.
No, I meant the 1 night stay plus voucher. Where exactly did you use it? What was the revenue price of that hotel?

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No, I meant the 1 night stay plus voucher. Where exactly did you use it? What was the revenue price of that hotel?
Alright. I haven't used the 1 night stay voucher, as I haven't purchased the membership yet. I plan to use it at the Pullman, New Delhi where the sales person has confirmed that there is availability (where the nightly rate for my date excluding breakfast is 180 Euros on the Accor app).

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Alright. I haven't used the 1 night stay voucher, as I haven't purchased the membership yet. I plan to use it at the Pullman, New Delhi where the sales person has confirmed that there is availability (where the nightly rate for my date excluding breakfast is 180 Euros on the Accor app).
So you booked for 18 nights (say 100 EUR per night) 1800 total.

If you had purchased Accor Traveller membership for 4000 pts and then booked,
Assuming additional 10% off on this would be 180 EUR saved.
4000 pts = 80 EUR
net 100 EUR = 5000 pts saved. (approx) + All the benefits of silver tier membership and a bunch of vouchers.

Why didn't you do that?

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So you booked for 18 nights (say 100 EUR per night) 1800 total.

If you had purchased Accor Traveller membership for 4000 pts and then booked,
Assuming additional 10% off on this would be 180 EUR saved.
4000 pts = 80 EUR
net 100 EUR = 5000 pts saved. (approx) + All the benefits of silver tier membership and a bunch of vouchers.

Why didn't you do that?
I knew you would say that :ROFLMAO: I have made all fully refundable bookings, and once I purchase the membership, I will make the cheaper bookings, and cancel the refundable ones.

Why I didn't do this before: Because I am constantly transferring Axis ER's to Accor, and I do not want failed transfers before 31st August (devaluation date) due to the new membership number (which many have reported). I am taking no risk before 31st August. :ROFLMAO:

I am expecting about 20000 more points in the coming week, and then I would go for the membership, and make the changes to my bookings to avail the cheaper price (given the prices don't increase :ROFLMAO: ;))

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am expecting about 20000 more points in the coming week, and then I would go for the membership, and make the changes to my bookings to avail the cheaper price (given the prices don't increase :ROFLMAO: ;))
Haha great. Also, the prices do increase, Happened to me personally and the availability also reduces, watch out for that. Have a great trip! :)

ishanmontella

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Haha great. Also, the prices do increase, Happened to me personally and the availability also reduces, watch out for that. Have a great trip! :)
Thanks :) As I'm travelling in October end (still 2 months away), I'm hoping they don't change much till August end, when I plan to make the changes.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Prices decrease too for Accor, ITC and Marriot(points).

thedator

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Are you sure we get all the dining vouchers with the 4k accor traveller membership. The way it gets portrayed on their site, it seems you get those with the explorer membership.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I knew you would say that :ROFLMAO: I have made all fully refundable bookings, and once I purchase the membership, I will make the cheaper bookings, and cancel the refundable ones.

Why I didn't do this before: Because I am constantly transferring Axis ER's to Accor, and I do not want failed transfers before 31st August (devaluation date) due to the new membership number (which many have reported). I am taking no risk before 31st August. :ROFLMAO:

Did the same transferred all points with original number upgraded to new number now no risk.