• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

TheGambler

TF Select
Yes, same.
If you try buying it without logging in, it lands on the payment page and you can make the payment but it won't show the option of paying through points.
No idea, if purchased like this, the membership would link with the existing account where existing points are or not.
If you're logged in, it definitely goes to a blank page. tried with multiple accounts and multiple devices and browsers.
Anyone, post if there is a solution.
So I mailed and they said that it was a technical issue and sent me the mail. All I had to do was reply that "I agree for 12k points deduction for membership" and they processed the request immediately.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So I mailed and they said that it was a technical issue and sent me the mail. All I had to do was reply that "I agree for 12k points deduction for membership" and they processed the request immediately.
So the issue is only with points purchase? Or even for card and other payments?

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Adding some more points to this.

Booked 3 hotels in thailand.
1. Ibis - Flexible rate, Paid 6000 points online, 1000 points offline, 40 by card. No status points, reward points and status nights. Raised to support and no update yet. But i expect them to credit nights at least.

2. Grand Mercure - Prepaid rate, Paid 8000 points online and 400 by card. Got about 400 normal and 100 accor plus bonus points, but only one status night instead of 2. Raised to support for status night. They deducted those 500 points and credited just 14 points saying amount paid via reward points not eligible for reward points 😭, but at least they credited the 2 status nights to help towards gold.

3. Ibis - Non refundable rate, paid 2000 points online and 40 by card. Got about 50 normal +10 accor plus bonus points and 2 status nights. Didn't complaint as all were as expected. Haven't got reversed yet. I also got one bonus status night here, as a part of flying blue partnership, not sure if this is just one time thing, as I didn't get it with grand Mercure booking above.

So, in summary, I think status nights will always be credited irrespective of how u pay (contacting customer care would be needed sometimes depending on luck).

But reward/status points will only be on amount paid using card. If u got more, it will get reversed later.
1- Did you paid amount by card at the time of checkin ?
2- You mention amount paid by card is Indian rupee or baht.
3- how much time it take to credit the status night.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
1- Did you paid amount by card at the time of checkin ?
2- You mention amount paid by card is Indian rupee or baht.
3- how much time it take to credit the status night.
1. Non refundable at checkin, refundable at checkout, prepaid as online.
2. INR
3. Varies, instant to one week for auto credit and to one month on escalation with support.

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. Non refundable at checkin, refundable at checkout, prepaid as online.
2. INR
3. Varies, instant to one week for auto credit and to one month on escalation with support.
1- I have done non refundable booking and paid 23 rs in cash at checkin, will I get the status night ? tomorrow I will do checkout from that hotel or may I need to add some time so that I can pay at checkout with card

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
1- I have done non refundable booking and paid 23 rs in cash at checkin, will I get the status night ? tomorrow I will do checkout from that hotel or may I need to add some time so that I can pay at checkout with card
No idea what u mean by Add some time?

But either way, u will always get status nights irrespective of how and when and how much u pay. Sometimes automatically, sometimes on raising complaint. And I haven't found any pattern yet.

For my non refundable booking, I got it immediately. And it also gave status/reward points on full amount including points used (though there is chances that accor may reverse it later).

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys please let me know if this is already discussed. I bought the explorer accor plus member ship with 12 k points. As a result my accor membership number was changed. Now I am trying to add the new membership number to axis travel edge, however, it's throwing up an error stating something about membership number already active and to wait for 2 months to add new accor member ID. What to do?
@CMG @anirban.choudhury @VISHESH_BANSAL @4uziaul @xywowowvw

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Guys please let me know if this is already discussed. I bought the explorer accor plus member ship with 12 k points. As a result my accor membership number was changed. Now I am trying to add the new membership number to axis travel edge, however, it's throwing up an error stating something about membership number already active and to wait for 2 months to add new accor member ID. What to do?
Contact Travel Edge to change the membership number. They will change them within 7 days (official TAT). Usually it gets done in a day.

Email ID: Traveledge.support@axisbank.com

Membership upgrade number change doesn't have 30day/60day waiting period.

T&C:

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 11.26.07.jpg

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi, are you able to buy the membership with points now? If yes, when was it?
I learnt that the offer is currently not available!!!

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yesterday night I was browsing the accor app and it came for me. So went with the flow.
Thanks. I have been trying to purchase the AccorPlus membership for my father-in-law using points for several days, but I have not been able to do so. When I contacted customer care, they informed me that there is currently no offer available.
I could do it now. Thanks :)