• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accidentally clicked on 'Avail New Card' in SBI card app

pjain2712

TF Premier
I already hold SBI SimplyClick card and Cashback card. And today I accidentally clicked on 'Avail New Card' in SBI card app and some message I saw where it stated that my request was taken and they will respond with an update in some 2 working days (forgot to capture screen-shot). My worry is that if a hard enquiry would happen on my CIBIL or not. Please advise what can be done now.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I already hold SBI SimplyClick card and Cashback card. And today I accidentally clicked on 'Avail New Card' in SBI card app and some message I saw where it stated that my request was taken and they will respond with an update in some 2 working days (forgot to capture screen-shot). My worry is that if a hard enquiry would happen on my CIBIL or not. Please advise what can be done now.
No hard enquiry will happen.

If they approve and send card , just don't activate it and ask customer care to cancel it.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
He says New Card. New cards get separate limit. Sometimes Sbi gives separate limit.
"Avail new card" section in sbi card mobile app is for additional card that comes with shared limit. You can even set your own limit that is deducted from your existing card limit.

Reactions: AsB

ins

TF Buzz
Hey @Rahul92 slightly offtopic question, I had applied for cashback card but if they end up sending me some other card, is it possible to straight up get it cancelled as I only want cashback card? Do you know if it's possible to do that?