• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Prime showing up in SBI Card App

Faust

TF Select
Hi,

I just got the SBI CB card and installed the SBI Card app and registered the card on the app.

Now I see two cards on the app, the CB card and the Prime card.
I never applied for the Prime card but I can see the Prime card in the app with 1L limit and the last 4 digits visible.

Anyone experienced this?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Trying transacting for Rs. 10 on Amazon Pay by buying gift card and check if you get OTP. If it does, then the card is somehow associated with your account even if you haven't applied for it. Write to customer care and get it removed, or ask if you are also getting the physical card delivered. Depending on your requirements, either keep it or decline it. If you do decide to decline, block the card first and then place a closure request.

Faust

TF Select
Surprisingly, all sorts of transactions are enabled on that card. But since I don't know anything other than the last 4 digits, I cannot initiate any transaction.

Come to think of it, I had an SBI card delivered to me 7-8 years ago and I immediately closed the card as it was not LTF.
Could this be that card?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Surprisingly, all sorts of transactions are enabled on that card. But since I don't know anything other than the last 4 digits, I cannot initiate any transaction.

Come to think of it, I had an SBI card delivered to me 7-8 years ago and I immediately closed the card as it was not LTF.
Could this be that card?
For more details call sbicard customer care

panu24

TF Ace

Could this be that card?
You can even try to check if any bill generated then what was last date. I have seen SBI shows first ever card in their app evenif it's closed by you.

asm07

TF Buzz
Another special feature.. They continue to log monthly payments in cibil in spite of reporting the card as closed.
Not just sbi, my own onecard by sbm bank is still reporting payment details and zero dues on monthly basis even after a year. Sbm & onecard says "It's standard practice". I closed one card in April last year, for April and May no data was reported but since June 2023, they're regular.

A friend's hdfc card is same too after almost 2 years. Can anyone confirm from any other bank whether after closing cc, the payment updates stopped altogether?