• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

22yo looking to buy life (term) insurance

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
for such a young person, it only costs 800rs per month till 60yrs for 1cr cover. think of it purely as an investment and let us know your thoughts.
and for term plan you will pay premium only till 10 yrs not even 60, its always better to plan before the adversities right

tushu5121

TF Premier
I worked for hdfc life and can say
They are good in terms of service.
You can also check out max life.
But i reccomend you please do not fall to any agent's trap..
Please do your Research 1st.
And please do not lie about your health issue or any history related to your health
Disclose everything with them.
That can help your family from issue later...

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
here you are not getting return of premium unlike Max Life, plus your money is not saved if you are not getting back premium amount. however, you can opt for a long term guaranteed return plans.

With Axis, if you are taking a term plan, you will get following benefits:
For Max life Insurance Term Plan
Age - 22years
Sum assured -2 Cr
*Advantages you are getting
1. Return Of Premium Option
2. ⁠Coverage of tax 10D
3. ⁠Premium Paying Term - 10 years
4. ⁠Policy Term - 65 years
5. ⁠Monthly Premium - Rs 4,593
6. ⁠Return Of Premium - Rs 5,51,220
7. ⁠Life Coverage - Rs 2,00,00,000*
return on maturity or monthly income?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A 24 yo guy in my office died of heart attack last month, would like to safeguard something for my parents in case I am not there
Needless fear. That's why the premiums are low at young age as chances of anything happening are low. Why would you have to worry about your parents? What if you had (God forbid) passed away in your teens or during college? Life insurance is only necessary is the family is poor, you have no substantial assets and there is only one earning member with other direct dependents meaning spouse and children. Parents normally are not directly dependent on their children.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
they should. but they generally don't. just look at the rest of 90% of india.
I have seen people worrying about their depend spouse and children. I have never seen anyone worrying in this manner about parents. This is just sales tactics by the insurance industry.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
Parents normally are not directly dependent on their children.
unfortunately they are for most of India. especially in their old age (after 50, 60). 1cr is a life changing amount for most of the Indians, it has profound effect across generations. from your past messages & some NRV with the banks you've mentioned, i can see why you would see this as a scam, but for most of us here, it's a no brainer.
What if you had (God forbid) passed away in your teens or during college
absolutely agree with you. this is just negligence on parents part or unaffordability mostly. they should absolutely insure their children too, not only themselves.

sabya123

TF Buzz
Happy to see that you already chosen HDFC. I am also same boat and ICICI is more attractive premium wise. The only issue with ICICI is that some people in reddit said they did not had to undergo any medical test as part of this insurance contract.

warden

TF Buzz
I had taken HDFC 50l term policy earlier when I was 22, after paying for a year shifted to Tata AIA as some features like Hospicare(where we get a said amount max 20k per day if hospitalized) - were really interesting to have and also wanted to bump up to 2cr.