• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

22yo looking to buy life (term) insurance

I'm a 22-year-old working professional with an annual salary of 14 LPA. I'm currently looking for term insurance with coverage extending up to around 65+ years.
Do you work in IT sector? I believe they have some tie-ups with insurance providers if they’re paying good. Although a dedicated insurance at personal level is always recommended and employer’s one lasts only till you work for them, considering the age you’re mentioning, employer’s policy would be good enough keeping in mind the risk factors.

Last edited:

anishaga

TF Select
Do you work in IT sector? I believe they have some tie-ups with insurance providers if they’re paying good. Although a dedicated insurance at personal level is always recommended and employer’s one lasts only till you work for them, considering the age you’re mentioning, employer’s policy would be good enough keeping in mind the risk factors.
Yes I do in the IT sector, but they only have a health insurance plan and no term insurance

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm a 22-year-old working professional with an annual salary of 14 LPA. I'm currently looking for term insurance with coverage extending up to around 65+ years. I'm aiming for a sum insured of 2 Crores. I've obtained quotes from Policybazaar, and they are as follows:
ICICI - 1510 pm
HDFC - 1639 pm
Max - 1371 pm
My dad is hesitant about Max, so I'm focusing only on ICICI and HDFC. I also obtained quotes from Ditto Insurance, and the quotations are quite similar.
Can you all please share your thoughts on which company to consider and from where to buy the insurance policy?
Please check DM

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm a 22-year-old working professional with an annual salary of 14 LPA. I'm currently looking for term insurance with coverage extending up to around 65+ years. I'm aiming for a sum insured of 2 Crores. I've obtained quotes from Policybazaar, and they are as follows:
ICICI - 1510 pm
HDFC - 1639 pm
Max - 1371 pm
My dad is hesitant about Max, so I'm focusing only on ICICI and HDFC. I also obtained quotes from Ditto Insurance, and the quotations are quite similar.
Can you all please share your thoughts on which company to consider and from where to buy the insurance policy?
all are good.. including max.. genuine cases never an issue..

simal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ICICI - 1510 pm
HDFC - 1639 pm
Max - 1371 pm
Go with ICICI. If you go with 1 Cr+ it will fall under Elite category and the Service is far better in terms of any clarifications/responses/ service requests you raise. Also when you buy insurance dont look at coverage with todays value, consider the future value and take insurance. As a thumb rule you need to have coverage of about 20 to 30x of your current earnings.

anishaga

TF Select
Go with ICICI. If you go with 1 Cr+ it will fall under Elite category and the Service is far better in terms of any clarifications/responses/ service requests you raise. Also when you buy insurance dont look at coverage with todays value, consider the future value and take insurance. As a thumb rule you need to have coverage of about 20 to 30x of your current earnings.
I have almost finalised the HDFC Life plan
1700765187782-png.35511

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
ICICI - 1510 pm
HDFC - 1639 pm
Max - 1371 pm
Which one have you decided to move forward with?

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
Bought from HDFC Life
Sum Insured - 2 Cr. | Upto 75 years | Pay Till 60 years
Premium ~ 25K
Bought directly from HDFC life instead of Policy bazaar

Bought from HDFC Life
Premium ~ 25K
here you are not getting return of premium unlike Max Life, plus your money is not saved if you are not getting back premium amount. however, you can opt for a long term guaranteed return plans.

With Axis, if you are taking a term plan, you will get following benefits:
For Max life Insurance Term Plan
Age - 22years
Sum assured -2 Cr
*Advantages you are getting
1. Return Of Premium Option
2. ⁠Coverage of tax 10D
3. ⁠Premium Paying Term - 10 years
4. ⁠Policy Term - 65 years
5. ⁠Monthly Premium - Rs 4,593
6. ⁠Return Of Premium - Rs 5,51,220
7. ⁠Life Coverage - Rs 2,00,00,000*

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
Bought from HDFC Life
Premium ~ 25K
If you are ready to go for some guaranteed return plan you will be covering the taxation as 80C and 10 D will be covered also you will be getting guaranteed return also at the same point life coverage will be there plus lump sum amount. But if looking for a term plan then you just need to pay for 10 years.

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
What is the need for a young person with no spouse or other responsibilities to get life insurance?
1. it takes care of their parents
2. they probably won't stay unmarried by the next 5yrs. better to take policy now & lock prices for life. benefits to be enjoyed by future wife & children

RajeshV

TF Premier
What is the need for a young person with no spouse or other responsibilities to get life insurance?
If you don't have dependent parents or siblings, and won't be marrying, then you don't need life insurance.

If any of the above applies at any time in future, they will need support in your absence. The younger you are, lower the risk, and hence lower the premium.

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker
2. they probably won't stay unmarried by the next 5yrs. better to take policy now & lock prices for life. benefits to be enjoyed by future wife & children
@Lobogris here is your answer plus it’s not life insurance its a investment plan where you are getting a guaranteed returns just for the future income or future savings

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why pay now needlessly for 5 pr 10 years until needed? Parents should have their own savings and assets. This is needless fear mongering.