• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Messed up cibil score.

Riya

TF Ace
Screenshot_20240513-075438_OneScore.jpg
I made a mistake by borrowing money through the Slice app. My friend borrowed 25k under my name and didn't make the payments on time. How much days it would take to get atleast 700score☹️. Loan has been cleared now(a week ago)
As per new CIBIL criteria, they also take into consideration in how much time you repaid the defaulted loan... If you have done it asap then the score might adjust to Okayish level but forget 700 for now because I have perfect repayment history and my 790 score hasn't budged for an year....
That's why loan is a double edged sword...

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1 mahine ka intrest free period h
So it means flat 4% per month, uske upar gya tho intrest alag sa
Processing fee remains the same if you take it for 1 month or 12 month. So you should not refer it as 1 month's fee. It's flat 4% one-time then intrest alag se. Not 4% per month.

Mai aise hi nhi bola uncle
Ek baar dobara dhyan se dekho beta.

By the way RBL charging 8,050 Processing Fee for a 3.22 Lack Rupee loan. Which is only 2.5% significantly low compared to Slice.

1715582556735.jpg 1715582556727.jpg

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As per new CIBIL criteria, they also take into consideration in how much time you repaid the defaulted loan... If you have done it asap then the score might adjust to Okayish level but forget 700 for now because I have perfect repayment history and my 790 score hasn't budged for an year....
True 💯 He already repaid the loan but didn't mentioned the number of late payments reported to CIBIL & the number of days it's been delayed.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey @SSV What do you suggest for him? As of now he have zero active accounts in CIBIL.
I made a mistake by borrowing money through the Slice app. My friend borrowed 25k under my name and didn't make the payments on time. How much days it would take to get atleast 700score☹️. Loan has been cleared now(a week ago)

To start with,
1) The issue is not with Slice or your friend.. In your credit report , Delayed payment was reported.. thats it..

Now, remedy..
we can't do anything about the past and it will be there in your report and will have its weightage at least until 3 years to come.
But this weightage will gradually decrease as the time passes..
so dont worry.. your score will recover , if it is a one off delayed payment ONLY ... slowly but steadily...
If you have some more credit accounts, then the recovery will be faster.. nonetheless your score will recover on its own without any other accounts also..

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

For a better advice, pls attach your complete cibil report here hiding sensitive data...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you can afford there are two practical thing to do
1- Get 5-10k fd credit card ( u won't close it atleast in future.
For 2-10k take idfc wow card
Or 50k-100k icici plat chip card ( recommended ) both as per appetite

2- buy cibil subscription ( if u can afford totally optional )

With crystal 🔮 ball here are few things
1 - if closed the bad loan remark.
Cibil will be back to 700+

For 750 it would take 2-3 month..

What is your other cibil profile/ other loan added

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Never borrow for someone else on your name. This is the biggest mistake you can do. When you take out a loan, irrespective of the circumstances, you have to repay the loan back.
True 💯 Once, I was in a similar situation. I paid the loan EMI by withdrawing the same amount from one of my credit cards using Slice Wallet, and informed my friend about the charges incurred.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
By the way RBL charging 8,050 Processing Fee for a 3.22 Lack Rupee loan. Which is only 2.5% significantly low compared to Slice.

Processing fee depends on the loan amount, at times. When the loan gets bigger, the processing fee gets lower.

For micro loans, such as provided by SFBs and NBFCs, the processing fee is usually higher.

Loans by banks are usually on the higher side / amount. So, they charge less as processing fee. Axis used to offer me personal loans with a processing fee of 2%. Don't know the current fee.

newinnov

TF Premier
Cards ke baare me toh i'dont have much idea😅.
Regarding the fd based card Should I consider applying for HDFC Freedom card (ss attached)?
If you want to apply, try to apply from branch and ask if cibil inquiry can be avoided / or suppressed later. (yes they do even for secured card)

Hdfc might upgrade your card in future (1 yr later depending on amb maintained and score).

If you are looking for secured card- axis, idfc, hdfc, indusind, icici, sbi provides
icici branches are few compared to axis or hdfc, idfc has even lesser.
indusind fd starts from 80k
axis at 25k~35k depending on branch
sbi at 25k

choose bank which ever you operate! Try to avoid online application for now.

newinnov

TF Premier
And, I thought - loan is a single edged sword, always hurting the receiver.. :D