• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hidden Gem For Travellers (bob World VISA Sapphire Debit Card)

Karvanna

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
bob World VISA Sapphire Debit Card (Best Debit Card For Travellers)

-
One Airport Transfer Per Quarter (4 Times/Year)
- Both Pickup And Drop From / To Airport (You Can Avail Either Drop Or Pickup)
- Domestic Lounge Access As Well
- Charges 750+ tax Per Year
- 750 Rs Life Style Coupon As Joining Benefit
- Service Distance should Be Around 40 Kms And Total 3 People Can Use This Service With the Card Holder
- You Should Book this Service Prior 72 Hours By Calling 0008004420011
- You Should Maintain 20k per Quarter To Hold this Card

https://www.bankofbaroda.in/personal-banking/accounts/saving-accounts/super-savings-personal-account ( You Can Convert Your Previous Account Variant To This Variant By Giving request In Branch).​

Very Important Note - You Can Only Apply this Card Through Branch Only And It Will Take Around 50 Days To Recieve this Card Through India Post

telescope

TF Ace
Went to branch today morning for sapphire card. Gave the signed form and they said it'll be done.
Still in netbanking can see sapphire card both male and female options available to apply.

Does that mean branch has not processed the request? As far as I know, whenever a card is applied, that option goes away from apply now in net banking.

@pprakash11
sapphire dc option went away from netbanking apply now option.
Mostly by tomorrow the card will show up in mobile Banking or internet banking.

Wait till tomorrow afternoon
card number is showing up now in netbanking, set/reset pin option.

finally got this.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Went to branch today morning for sapphire card. Gave the signed form and they said it'll be done.
Still in netbanking can see sapphire card both male and female options available to apply.

Does that mean branch has not processed the request? As far as I know, whenever a card is applied, that option goes away from apply now in net banking.

@pprakash11
Is this post a continuation of your bad experience at branch on April 24?

telescope

TF Ace
Ok. In your opinion, what went wrong with your friend’s Saphire DC?
I am asking this since you have direct experience with a successful and unsuccessful application
see these PSU banks are dimwits. What my friend did was, he opened bank account (super savings) from branch, and while account opening, he chose sapphire visa male card from the tablet itself. Tablet means, the tablet that branch person was using for account opening.

Had he chose rupay platinum, then he would have got that, and then next day sapphire dc could have been applied.

If you choose sapphire dc during account opening, you'll never get it. only option, close the account and open again with rupay platinum.

I don't understand why the idiots at technology dept of the bank have given the option of sapphire dc, when it can't be issued in the first go. It's clearly their shortcoming of tech infra.

Last edited:

SonyTom

TF Premier
I am planning to open a BOB savings account. Planning to tell them that I will put 10 lakhs FD if they give me Radiance account. I hope to get Opulence debit card ltf.

If they tell Radiance not possible, I will open supersavings account and apply for rupay platinum dc (₹50 or is it free) and then saphire dc (fyf)

telescope

TF Ace
I am planning to open a BOB savings account. Planning to tell them that I will put 10 lakhs FD if they give me Radiance account. I hope to get Opulence debit card ltf.

If they tell Radiance not possible, I will open supersavings account and apply for rupay platinum dc (₹50 or is it free) and then saphire dc (fyf)
all dc are FYF in supersavings account as far as I know. so you can take rupay platinum + rupay select + sapphire, and then cancel 2 before 12 months.

@pprakash11 can confirm.

telescope

TF Ace
I was going through the BOB debit card threads here and understood that BOB Rupay Select is a good option. So how to go about getting a Rupay Select and Sapphire debit cards after opening a Supersavings account.
@girish3456 @ashwink @SuperKnight @pprakash11
after your account is activated, apply rupay select from netbanking / mobile app. no need to visit branch for this. I got rupay select from netbanking.
best is to wait for 1 day after account opening. when rupay platinum is generated and linked to your account (you can see this by going to set ATM pin option), after that apply rupay select from app.

SonyTom

TF Premier
after your account is activated, apply rupay select from netbanking / mobile app. no need to visit branch for this. I got rupay select from netbanking.
best is to wait for 1 day after account opening. when rupay platinum is generated and linked to your account (you can see this by going to set ATM pin option), after that apply rupay select from app.
So at branch after opening account, apply for rupay platinum and once rupay platinum is generated and visible in net banking, apply for Rupay select through net banking. Thanks.

But if I go to branch after getting both these cards, will they issue a third debit card ie Sapphire DC. (Actually I already have other bank rupay platinu, so not interested in rupay platinum, I am interested in Rupay select and Sapphire)

telescope

TF Ace
So at branch after opening account, apply for rupay platinum and once rupay platinum is generated and visible in net banking, apply for Rupay select through net banking. Thanks.

But if I go to branch after getting both these cards, will they issue a third debit card ie Sapphire DC. (Actually I already have other bank rupay platinu, so not interested in rupay platinum, I am interested in Rupay select and Sapphire)
bhai you don't need to go to branch at all for account opening. going to branch is pain in the a**. Open super savings account online and complete vkyc. within few hours you'll get a/c no and netbanking login id. Wait for 1 day, then apply for rupay select. after that go to branch to apply for sapphire.

today, RBI lifted restriction on mobile app. so, you might not even have to go to branch for sapphire also.

you don't have any option to skip rupay platinum, it is the default one. you have to take it. cancel it later, no charges.

SonyTom

TF Premier
Thanks bro for detailed reply. I have 2 branches near my place. So probably will go there when I get time and see the attitude of staff. If they are non-cooperative, I will try online.

I was going through the thread:

bob World Sapphire Debit Card Unboxing Review​

by @tryabp

There also they are saying same thing- open account > apply Rupay select from app > Apply Visa Signature male (Sapphire dc) from branch.

Will try these and update here.

SANTOSHJ1983

TF Buzz
Hi,
I wanted to get Rupay Platinum debit card with (sb 192) BOB B3 Plus Silver Account(zero balance) but no option to apply in bobworld app. Also visited bank and they could not apply from there side(error ) and then asked me to block existing VISA Classic card and apply for Rupay Platinum debit from the app .
So after blocking the card will the card annual charges be levied since it is due now ?
Can i apply from bob world app for another physical card after blocking visa classic card. ? Just to be sure

In BOB world app it is only showing VISA Classic Virtual option for virtual card application (no other options) , as per screenshot 2
If i try to apply for another physical card(for Rupay platinum) in BOB world app it says error "No Eligible account or card found for issuance " as per screenshot 1.

Anybody got Rupay platinum card with this zero balance digital B3 Plus savings account ?
I have zero balance BOB B3 Plus Silver Account (sb 192) currently with physical VISA Classic debit card .

Also tried upgrading BOB B3 Plus Silver Account (sb 192) to BOB Super savings account SB 117. But bank personnel are telling cannot covert BOB B3 Plus Silver Account to any other account(not even BOB Lite),it is giving error in system, since it was created online (VKYC).
Pathetic that i want to migrate from zero balance account to 20K QAB account but bank cannot do the same .

So can i get one more account BOB Super savings account SB 117( can it done online or visit branch ) or
should i close this account and then create new BOB Super savings account SB 117 account ?

Attachments

• BOB_Physical_Card.jpeg
    BOB_Physical_Card.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 5
  • BOB_Virtual.jpeg
    BOB_Virtual.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5