• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI privilege banking query

I have no relationship with ICICI and only hold a MMT signature and just today got my platinum cc. But when i opened my imobile app today it's color changed and ICICI privilege banking was written on the left corner?
Any explanation on what happened?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I know the reason now, it's because of the credit limit - if the limit is above 2-3 lacs then it becomes reddish (privilege) and if the limit is more than 5-6 lacs then it becomes black (wealth)
Above 5L and not black (wealth), still red (privilege)

Last edited:

amit90

TF Premier
I have visited an ICICI branch.. I have 4.5 lakh limit coral card... BM told me that I am eligible for Privilege Banking... BM Said, When he will process my application it will automatically show privilege account since I have 4.5 lakh limit card.. BM told me to open this account with 1 lakh initial funding.. After negotiating he agreed for 50k funding.. BM said keep 50 k for atleast 3 months then you may maintain 15 to 25 k monthly. There will be no issue.. account will never be downgraded.

Well I have not opened this account yet. In private sector banks, this bank is nearest to my home, around only 100 meter walking distance only. Should I go for it?

vega

TF Premier
I have visited an ICICI branch.. I have 4.5 lakh limit coral card... BM told me that I am eligible for Privilege Banking... BM Said, When he will process my application it will automatically show privilege account since I have 4.5 lakh limit card.. BM told me to open this account with 1 lakh initial funding.. After negotiating he agreed for 50k funding.. BM said keep 50 k for atleast 3 months then you may maintain 15 to 25 k monthly. There will be no issue.. account will never be downgraded.

Well I have not opened this account yet. In private sector banks, this bank is nearest to my home, around only 100 meter walking distance only. Should I go for it?
What is the use of privilege banking in ICICI? I have it, and I see none. What is your end goal from this privilege banking?

Akashn

TF Ace

No use of privilege banking.. opt for normal account

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I have no relationship with ICICI and only hold a MMT signature and just today got my platinum cc. But when i opened my imobile app today it's color changed and ICICI privilege banking was written on the left corner?
Any explanation on what happened?
I don't know buddy, but ICICI Net banking and App colour changes like chameleon. First when I had only Apay CC, it was orange and white, then I opened a Mine SBA, the colour changed to orange and grey with funky colours here and there. Now in Jan, I got a mail that I have been shifted into Privileged banking and the colour has changed to Maroon across app and web. I miss the Mine colour scheme now.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I know the reason now, it's because of the credit limit - if the limit is above 2-3 lacs then it becomes reddish (privilege) and if the limit is more than 5-6 lacs then it becomes black (wealth)
When m i getting 5-6 lakh limit 💀..

Oh I don't have icici card to begin with 😁

Akashn

TF Ace
No one knows this better than you sir 😜
Hum-Honge-Kamyab-Ek-Din.webp