• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Failed journey to get IDFC Wealth

avi_devdhar

TF Buzz
I was interested in IDFC Bank Wealth Credit Card and also the prospects of the bank with a 7% interest on savings accounts looked interesting.
I created an account online and the home branch came out as the branch in my hometown (tier 2 city).

I even got my salary account to IDFC account, I gave the account number and IFSC code in the office, and asked them to credit my salary to IDFC account, they did the same.
I went to the home branch and asked for Salary account benefits and was outright rejected.

Then I asked for a credit card, and I was told to keep a minimum balance of 10L for months, to get a wealth card. Which I did from the month of November, and the wealth card wasn't issued. i was still eligible for apparently just IDFC classic credit card

Then I enquired in the a branch in Bengaluru, they overnight closed my account in my hometown, opened a new account in their branch, got the balance shifted, in december last week.

I was promised a wealth card again along with a wealth account and debit card.
It took them 2 plus months to get wealth account permissions.
But after asking for a Wealth credit card for months, I wasn't given the same, and finally they gave me a select credit card.

Since free locker was a benefit of a wealth account, I asked for the same, and the response was "buy a huge amount of insurance and we'll give it to you, else we won't, and they tried to cross sell a few unwanted products".

For comparision, i have a salary of over 40LPA, take home of over 2.3L,
and Premium cards from HDFC n AXIS over 3-4x limit of what IDFC gave in select card.

Can say for sure that IDFC can't ever reach the heights of HDFC.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I was interested in IDFC Bank Wealth Credit Card and also the prospects of the bank with a 7% interest on savings accounts looked interesting.
I created an account online and the home branch came out as the branch in my hometown (tier 2 city).

I even got my salary account to IDFC account, I gave the account number and IFSC code in the office, and asked them to credit my salary to IDFC account, they did the same.
I went to the home branch and asked for Salary account benefits and was outright rejected.

Then I asked for a credit card, and I was told to keep a minimum balance of 10L for months, to get a wealth card. Which I did from the month of November, and the wealth card wasn't issued. i was still eligible for apparently just IDFC classic credit card

Then I enquired in the a branch in Bengaluru, they overnight closed my account in my hometown, opened a new account in their branch, got the balance shifted, in december last week.

But after asking for a Wealth credit card for months, I wasn't given the same, and finally they gave me a select credit card.

Since free locker was a benefit of a wealth account, I asked for the same, and the response was "buy a huge amount of insurance and we'll give it to you, else we won't, and they tried to cross sell a few unwanted products".

and Premium cards from HDFC n AXIS over 3-4x limit of what IDFC gave in select card.

Your entire approach was wrong from the beginning…
Firstly. you should have never approached Branch to get either sb account or CC.

Getting late, talk later

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Why you chose take help from branch for wealth cc?

It is easily approved if you have an any cc >5L limit and in serviceable area

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Your entire approach was wrong from the beginning…
First you should have never approached Branch to get either sb account or CC.

Getting late, talk later
Meanwhile read this to get an understanding about how it works
Good night

Thread 'Got IDFC wealth credit card very easily'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/got-idfc-wealth-credit-card-very-easily.15640/

shashankrt

TF Premier

I am confused with your approach.
Your 40LPA salary makes you eligible for almost all super premium cards barring those requiring wealth relationship with banks.

If you had HDfc or axis.. Why not do c2c and get wealth card by applying online?
I got wealth card on 2nd attempt and was just pre approved for idfc vistara without docs. So the process is quite easy.

Now the only option is threaten to move your funds and before that find another branch which can offer you fresh account and preapproved Idfc wealth card.

avi_devdhar

TF Buzz
I am confused with your approach.
Your 40LPA salary makes you eligible for almost all super premium cards barring those requiring wealth relationship with banks.

If you had HDfc or axis.. Why not do c2c and get wealth card by applying online?
I got wealth card on 2nd attempt and was just pre approved for idfc vistara without docs. So the process is quite easy.

Now the only option is threaten to move your funds and before that find another branch which can offer you fresh account and preapproved Idfc wealth card.
I tried multiple times to do via c2c, they said the option doesn't exist.
i ll move my funds now and try it.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Two to three years ago, I was keeping substantial amounts with IDFC in savings and FDs. When they first launched their credit cards, my wife was pre approved with a limit of over 20 lakhs but I had no offer. After waiting a while, I went to my branch and spoke to the manager. He wasn't helpful at all and said that they had no role in CC issuance. About a month later, I went back and now the manager had changed to a very nice and helpful person. He immediately called his CC guy and that person confirmed there was no offer available for me. He asked him to manually create one and that person worked on his computer for a few minutes while they served us some coffee. Then the person said they now had am offer for a Wealth card for me with around 19 lakhs limit. So the branch can help if they really want to do so but most of the employees don't want to bother.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

check my thread ... was able to get wealth via C2C

Reactions: ast

chnleo

TF Select

I didn't have any relationship with idfc except fastag! I just applied for a cc in Jan and mentioned my Citibank cc with 10L limit. I immediately got the wealth card offer with same limit and completed kyc and got the cc card number generated all in just 20min!!! I am still in shock! Funny thing is that just week earlier SBI rejected my cc application 3rd time!!!

Riya Sharma

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Move everything to Axis and get Burgundy. Close every relation with IDFC. Use another number after a few months and use a credit card with a high limit to apply via the website c2c.

I have a wealth account in idfc and my highest cc limit is 5lac federal(very new card not yet reflected in cibil) and icici 4.2lakhs(more than a year old). If i apply now what will i get select or wealth? My wealth account should help right?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I have a wealth account in idfc and my highest cc limit is 5lac federal(very new card not yet reflected in cibil) and icici 4.2lakhs(more than a year old). If i apply now what will i get select or wealth? My wealth account should help right?
Wait for cibil updation...

And I do not know whether they accept federal or not for c2c. Anyone else who has applied please confirm. There are less chances of wealth with ICICI CC as it is under 5L.

girish3456

TF Premier

Truely said. Cant even compare IDFC with the HDFC.

To my bad luck, actually last month I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. I was very much worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

After back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF.

Finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till 10 days back).

Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Truely said. Cant even compare IDFC with the HDFC.

To my bad luck, actually last month I have logged in to my hdfc internet banking and was just searching whether the DCB metal upgrade offer is still there for me or not & knowingly or unknowingly I have submitted my request for upgradation. That's it, all my happiness from last 3 plus years (as I have started using DCB Plastic LTF) gone in to trash as this DCB Metal is just a first year free for me. I was very much worried how to finish my annual milestone.

If I am unable to complete my annual milestone in 1st yr, am thinking to close DCB Metal card as I am not at interested in paying around 12000 to the bank.

Problem is if I close it may impact my credit (mainly cibil) score as I have started using hdfc credit card way back from 2012.

After back end team had downgraded DCB Metal fyf to DCB Plastic fyf 4 days back. Dropped a email to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com to consider from DCB Plastic fyf to DCB Plastic LTF.

Finally received an email from PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com saying that they have considered my request approved for DCB Plastic LTF again (which I was enjoying till 10 days back).

Happiness overloaded. Much respect towards HDFC bank for valuing my 12 plus years of relationship with the bank
I am very happy for you !!!
Enjoy life