• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Same Shit - New Day at Encalm Hyderabad

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Visited the new Encalm Lounge at Hyderabad airport.. bigger.. more luxurious looking.. but just as crowded and food was the same old same old.. Somethings never change.. Although i did see many ppl with cards getting declined.. Not sure where that will lead to..

1000215106.jpg
Many people are not aware of the changes.

Some older adults who possess their kids cards as add on cards or some might just try to get in if the card gets accepted or not. Correction and changes started will take sometime to settle down.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Many people are not aware of the changes.

Some older adults who possess their kids cards as add on cards or some might just try to get in if the card gets accepted or not. Correction and changes started will take sometime to settle down.
This time next year would be the time , we will see the real situation , hopefully decently occupied.. not overcrowded

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Majority of the cards are Rupay variants only. Indian banks have issued and promoted Rupay cards well.

Correction happening with lounge access now on cards.
I think in the long term, there will be exclusive lounges and normal lounges in every airport…
Only super premium cards for luxury lounges and rest “Nela Ticket” for masses.. instead of cancelling lounge access to the normal cards

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think in the long term, there will be exclusive lounges and normal lounges will be there in every airport…
Only super premium cards for luxury lounges and rest “Nela Ticket” for masses.. instead of cancelling lounge access to the normal cards
Bold prediction and seems true, but not survival for banks. But needs to see how the transition happens.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bold prediction and seems true, but not survival for banks. But needs to see how the transition happens.
I will tell you why?
they won’t cut access to all middle to lower level cards altogether.. it’s because of two reasons..

1) they don’t want to lose business of lower level card holders but at the same time they can’t provide luxury to all the masses
2) they want to keep this luxury lounge in the same vicinity of this masses, so that there will be some people aiming for luxury and hence driving sales of super premium cards…

So it’s all in the mind , how you play with the minds of masses.. that’s the business growth story…
You need to have a small line beside the big line to prove that the line is actually big…
So it’s all about comparisons… relativeness

Riya

TF Ace
I think in the long term, there will be exclusive lounges and normal lounges will be there in every airport…
Nela ticket ?

Riya

TF Ace
I will tell you why?
they won’t cut access to all middle to lower level cards altogether.. it’s because of two reasons..

1) they don’t want to lose business of lower level card holders but at the same time they can’t provide luxury to all the masses
2) they want to keep this luxury lounge in the same vicinity of this masses, so that there will be some people aiming for luxury and hence driving sales of super premium cards…

So it’s all in the mind , how you play with the minds of masses.. that’s the business growth story…
You need to have a small line beside the big line to prove that the line is actually big…
So it’s all about comparisons… relativeness
There is a point to be noted...
The consumer group which hogs free Credit Cards irrespective of their usage don't travel much by air and hence won't be using the lounge access too..
On the other side a premium card holder plus a frequent traveller had taken a paid card keeping in mind that he gets some benefits for that fee...

So banks might keep dangling that lounge access carrot for much longer but with such complicated T&Cs that will make the card useless...

Just a thought that came to my mind...

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Visited the new Encalm Lounge at Hyderabad airport.. bigger.. more luxurious looking.. but just as crowded and food was the same old same old.. Somethings never change.. Although i did see many ppl with cards getting declined.. Not sure where that will lead to..

1000215106.jpg
My friend visited this lounge. I had given him my magnus, but even that didn't worked on this lounge. God knows what will work here 😂