• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis rejected multiple times

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi all

Just went through a disgusting and utterly disappointing experience while applying for Airtel Axis bank credit card.

Application 1:
I was reached out by an Axis bank associate in December pitching the Neo card. I asked them for Airtel card instead and of could be LTF. The agent and her manager pitched that if I use 5% of my limit in first year then the card will be LTF. Was suprised, so asked for proof multiple times. One day she replied don't to waste her time and some other gibberish things in a very disrespectful way. Dropped off!

Application 2:
Have it another try and applied via an agent in the offline mode at my hometown. It was C2C application against my ICICI Rubyx Card with 7.5L limit. The agent said that the card won't be rejected since my CIBIL is 750+. Rejected! Asked for the reason but got no clear answer.

Raised it to Mr. Sanjeev Moghe(Head Card Payments) and Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry (MD & CEO). Mr. Sanjeev redirected to someone and asked them to get it facilitated. Was reached out by someone from the regional team to reapply.

Application 3:
Applied again on basis of salary with surrogate approvals beforehand. Due to a glitch in their app, aadhaar address was picked partially. The populated address was non-editable. Got a call that this application will be rejected due to address mismatch and agent asked to reapply.

Application 4:
Rejected again stating that another application is in process. Application 3 was never rejected and it caused the 4th one to be rejected.

Received rejection against application 3 without any reason. Got a call from the agent that they can't get the card allotted. When I asked for reason, they said the same baseless "due to internal norms".

The card was rejected even with a decent credit history and salary. Rejection reason was never communicated.

Axis is shit. Can anyone suggest how can I know the rejection reason atleast?

-----------
CIBIL: 774
Experian: 861

Currently hold the following cards:
1. ICICI Rubyx- LTF with 7.5L limit
2. ICICI Amazon Pay- LTF with 7.5L limit
3. SBI Pulse: FYF with 45k limit
4. SBI Cashback: FYF with 80k limit

Have a customer ID active with Axis due to Freecharge Pay Later account. Freecharge later closed it stating you need to update your KYC but never gave an option to do so

Last edited:

Tazact

TF Select
No need to wait bro. I was facing same issue like this. Actually the thing is that axis is focusing mainly on new customer. That's why most of the customer couldn't see the invite in case of airtel credit card and ace card. Do onething bro you can apply with a new number. In my case I changed my registered Mobile no to some other number. And waited for someday, there after I could see that my primary number got the invitation. That's why I told you most of the existing customers could not get the invitation. Try this way by changing your registered mobile to some other number. Check after few day whether the primary number get the invitation or not. It worked for my case.
I did dthe same thing for IDFC Card application & it got apporoved .

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Everybody giving their suggestions how to get the card.
I am wondering why you want to card when you don't have any airtel number & not in airtel ecosystem?
This card makes sense only if you are in airtel ecosystem

mailmenow

TF Premier
Everybody giving their suggestions how to get the card.
I am wondering why you want to card when you don't have any airtel number & not in airtel ecosystem?
This card makes sense only if you are in airtel ecosystem
Not only for Airtel product ( Airtel product will get 25% cashback).Apart from that, You will get 10% cashback on other utility bill payment like electricity,gas, broadband etc including other network reacharges also(confirmed).

mailmenow

TF Premier
Axis can ever give u clarity ?

They are famous for rejecting cards..

They approved Magnus but rejected Airtel
Axis is working in a very mysterious way. I got this Airtel card at the first time very easily with 1.5 lakh limit also. There are people who got 5 lakh full limit for this card also(watched on YouTube)

Last edited:

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
Your username 😁 .
.axis gave me pre approved cc ..
But i m stuck at 90 k
With application bug in app ui .
Can't get upgrade until this is fixed ,😂
For Limit Anything is fine.. just give me Any DAMN Card.

Because of Axis I'm looking for any possible solution on internet like "Needle in Grass."
But what i found is there is no needle to find.

knockoffaxis101

TF Premier
Btw I contacted am agent and She said, she can't apply c2c because of my low limit 1Lac. And said i should apply online and put her employee code in refferal.

I don't know... Should i trust her and apply ? Or wait for last week and apply with different mobile no & email.

(Well... I'm rejected by axis 8 times,.
Last Core card was NEO in Dec-23, and last Co brand FLIPKART AXIS in Feb.)

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Btw I contacted am agent and She said, she can't apply c2c because of my low limit 1Lac. And said i should apply online and put her employee code in refferal.

I don't know... Should i trust her and apply ? Or wait for last week and apply with different mobile no & email.

Open a bank acc. You will get pre approved card in 6 months

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

I have 8 cc axis cibil hit
7 before i was 21 😁
1 at the days of 21
2 for loan before 21

Lastly after 21 year 15 days i got cc just on call via otp 😂😂😂