• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis rejected multiple times

shivamk

TF Premier
Hi all

Just went through a disgusting and utterly disappointing experience while applying for Airtel Axis bank credit card.

Application 1:
I was reached out by an Axis bank associate in December pitching the Neo card. I asked them for Airtel card instead and of could be LTF. The agent and her manager pitched that if I use 5% of my limit in first year then the card will be LTF. Was suprised, so asked for proof multiple times. One day she replied don't to waste her time and some other gibberish things in a very disrespectful way. Dropped off!

Application 2:
Have it another try and applied via an agent in the offline mode at my hometown. It was C2C application against my ICICI Rubyx Card with 7.5L limit. The agent said that the card won't be rejected since my CIBIL is 750+. Rejected! Asked for the reason but got no clear answer.

Raised it to Mr. Sanjeev Moghe(Head Card Payments) and Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry (MD & CEO). Mr. Sanjeev redirected to someone and asked them to get it facilitated. Was reached out by someone from the regional team to reapply.

Application 3:
Applied again on basis of salary with surrogate approvals beforehand. Due to a glitch in their app, aadhaar address was picked partially. The populated address was non-editable. Got a call that this application will be rejected due to address mismatch and agent asked to reapply.

Application 4:
Rejected again stating that another application is in process. Application 3 was never rejected and it caused the 4th one to be rejected.

Received rejection against application 3 without any reason. Got a call from the agent that they can't get the card allotted. When I asked for reason, they said the same baseless "due to internal norms".

The card was rejected even with a decent credit history and salary. Rejection reason was never communicated.

Axis is shit. Can anyone suggest how can I know the rejection reason atleast?

-----------
CIBIL: 774
Experian: 861

Currently hold the following cards:
1. ICICI Rubyx- LTF with 7.5L limit
2. ICICI Amazon Pay- LTF with 7.5L limit
3. SBI Pulse: FYF with 45k limit
4. SBI Cashback: FYF with 80k limit

Have a customer ID active with Axis due to Freecharge Pay Later account. Freecharge later closed it stating you need to update your KYC but never gave an option to do so

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
I don't why you are going offline way. Apply directly from axis website or say from Airtel app or even Gpay for axis ace. Once you get first card then just wait for 3-6 months and you will get pre approved card offers.
Don't have an Airtel sim so can't apply on Airtel app. AFAIK, Airtel Axis doesn't appear on Axis website.

Regarding Ace, should I wait for 2 months since my application was rejected recently?

Akashn

TF Ace
Don't have an Airtel sim so can't apply on Airtel app. AFAIK, Airtel Axis doesn't appear on Axis website.

Regarding Ace, should I wait for 2 months since my application was rejected recently?
You don't need airtel sim to apply on Airtel app. You can register with any sim.

Yeah. I think you should take 3 months break from axis. Even though there is no cooldown period after rejection.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Open account & get card.
Apply c2c for high end card first not airtel ( co branded)
Plus don't apply for 6 month to axis.did u ever wait 3+ month before applying again ?

shivamk

TF Premier
Open account & get card.
Umm, not inclined to open a bank account with them since their services suck.
Apply c2c for high end card first not airtel ( co branded)
Which card variant would you suggest to apply? Possibly LTF or atleast FYF? Neo?
Plus don't apply for 6 month to axis.did u ever wait 3+ month before applying again ?
All the 4 applications are within a month. Applied back to back only because the agent said that only application 2 was actually rejected for C2C offer and there still possibility to get it on basis of salary.

Akashn

TF Ace
Yeah but my Airtel app shows that you don't have any Axis card offer, SS attached Screenshot_2024-02-02-00-20-30-475_com.myairtelapp.jpg
This is a common error. I'd suggest register on airtel app using jio and try to app. But wait for 3 months. Cooldown period applies for rejected card. Though you can apply for any other axis card..

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Which card variant would you suggest to apply? Possibly LTF or atleast FYF? Neo?

All the 4 applications are within a month. Applied back to back only because the agent said that only application 2 was actually rejected for C2C offer and there still possibility to get it on basis of salary.
If u have patience just wait .
U already know agent.. apply in march last / april first week.

Which card depends on you . Try going for atlas & above. Bcz for higher end card they can match c2c limit .

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all

Just went through a disgusting and utterly disappointing experience while applying for Airtel Axis bank credit card.

Application 1:
I was reached out by an Axis bank associate in December pitching the Neo card. I asked them for Airtel card instead and of could be LTF. The agent and her manager pitched that if I use 5% of my limit in first year then the card will be LTF. Was suprised, so asked for proof multiple times. One day she replied don't to waste her time and some other gibberish things in a very disrespectful way. Dropped off!

Application 2:
Have it another try and applied via an agent in the offline mode at my hometown. It was C2C application against my ICICI Rubyx Card with 7.5L limit. The agent said that the card won't be rejected since my CIBIL is 750+. Rejected! Asked for the reason but got no clear answer.

Raised it to Mr. Sanjeev Moghe(Head Card Payments) and Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry (MD & CEO). Mr. Sanjeev redirected to someone and asked them to get it facilitated. Was reached out by someone from the regional team to reapply.

Application 3:
Applied again on basis of salary with surrogate approvals beforehand. Due to a glitch in their app, aadhaar address was picked partially. The populated address was non-editable. Got a call that this application will be rejected due to address mismatch and agent asked to reapply.

Application 4:
Rejected again stating that another application is in process. Application 3 was never rejected and it caused the 4th one to be rejected.

Received rejection against application 3 without any reason. Got a call from the agent that they can't get the card allotted. When I asked for reason, they said the same baseless "due to internal norms".

The card was rejected even with a decent credit history and salary. Rejection reason was never communicated.

Axis is shit. Can anyone suggest how can I know the rejection reason atleast?

-----------
CIBIL: 774
Experian: 861

Currently hold the following cards:
1. ICICI Rubyx- LTF with 7.5L limit
2. ICICI Amazon Pay- LTF with 7.5L limit
3. SBI Pulse: FYF with 45k limit
4. SBI Cashback: FYF with 80k limit

No prior relationship with Axis.
Once all the old baggage with respect to old applications are cleared. Do this:

1) Apply Flipkart card from FK app,
you will get it easily..

then on-wards life will be much happier...

Last edited:

shivamk

TF Premier
This is a common error. I'd suggest register on airtel app using jio and try to app. But wait for 3 months. Cooldown period applies for rejected card. Though you can apply for any other axis card..
I registered on app using Jio sim only.

Not super keen for an Axis card but might try another one if it adds value.

I would say if you sure shot want a axis cc wait for exact 90 days and than apply. Coz there is a cooldown period in axis for most of the people.