• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Union Bank of India RuPay Select Debit Card - How to get?

sahil1033

TF Premier
I'm looking to get the cheapest possible RuPay Select debit card since my Amazon Prime membership has expired and I need it as soon as possible.

I was earlier looking to get PNB RuPay Select debit card but when I found that w.e.f. 5th June, 2023, annual charges has been increase from Rs. 500 + 18% GST to Rs. 750 + 18% GST, I'm not chasing it anymore.

Next option available for me is, change my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account (Rs. 2k MAB) to Super Savings Account (Rs. 20k MAB) or Professional Savings Account (Rs. 25k MAB) and avail RuPay Select debit card as FYF and from second year onwards for Rs. 500 + 18% GST.

Another one is, opening a savings account with Union Bank of India which currently offers RuPay Select DC at lowest possible price for annual charge of Rs. 400 + 18% GST. My query is, which savings account variant should be opened to get the DC as from the following link, I can see only high MAB requirement account variants (Rs. 1 lac or more) show RuPay Select DC is available. Someone who has any experience with this, can throw some light on this please?

Harrypotter

TF Premier
I'm looking to get the cheapest possible RuPay Select debit card since my Amazon Prime membership has expired and I need it as soon as possible.

I was earlier looking to get PNB RuPay Select debit card but when I found that w.e.f. 5th June, 2023, annual charges has been increase from Rs. 500 + 18% GST to Rs. 750 + 18% GST, I'm not chasing it anymore.

Next option available for me is, change my Bank of Baroda Advantage Savings Account (Rs. 2k MAB) to Super Savings Account (Rs. 20k MAB) or Professional Savings Account (Rs. 25k MAB) and avail RuPay Select debit card as FYF and from second year onwards for Rs. 500 + 18% GST.

Another one is, opening a savings account with Union Bank of India which currently offers RuPay Select DC at lowest possible price for annual charge of Rs. 400 + 18% GST. My query is, which savings account variant should be opened to get the DC as from the following link, I can see only high MAB requirement account variants (Rs. 1 lac or more) show RuPay Select DC is available. Someone who has any experience with this, can throw some light on this please?
How do you concluded mab for borada professional savings account. Website advertised there is no fee for maintenance

sahil1033

TF Premier
How do you concluded mab for borada professional savings account. Website advertised there is no fee for maintenance
1694375189613.png

1694375321038.png

I don't think any bank directly charges fee for account opening and maintaining the account. Although some banks do this in the name of SMS charges and then there's charges related to specific benefit availed from the bank, everything can be read in MITC.

ronakshah

TF Premier

Can you please share link or screenshot showing rupay select card availability on Bob super savings acct as I'm unable to find that info on website

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

In UBI you only can get a RuPay Select DC only if you have SBHNI (1L MAB) savings account or USSA-2 (>25K PM) salary account.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Kya mila research se, ye bhi share kardo 🌚
haha, first thing was, I didn't even look at several banks and only focused on 3 - PNB, Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda.

Out of those 3, I already had accounts in 2 - PNB and BoB

Since Union Bank of India had lowest fee RuPay Select DC, that's why created this thread but when I got to know about high MAB account variant, didn't even think of anything else.

PNB recently hiked fee on it's RuPay Platinum and Select DC, so, ruled that out as well.

I had BoB Advantage Savings Account (2k QAB) which I had opened online, so, went to the branch, deposited some amount so that total balance is 20k or more, wrote an application to change account variant to Super Savings Account and it was done then and there at the branch itself. Then in bob world app, applied for RuPay Select physical debit card which I'm yet to receive and it's FYF.

avis_

TF Premier
haha, first thing was, I didn't even look at several banks and only focused on 3 - PNB, Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda.

Out of those 3, I already had accounts in 2 - PNB and BoB

Since Union Bank of India had lowest fee RuPay Select DC, that's why created this thread but when I got to know about high MAB account variant, didn't even think of anything else.

PNB recently hiked fee on it's RuPay Platinum and Select DC, so, ruled that out as well.

I had BoB Advantage Savings Account (2k QAB) which I had opened online, so, went to the branch, deposited some amount so that total balance is 20k or more, wrote an application to change account variant to Super Savings Account and it was done then and there at the branch itself. Then in bob world app, applied for RuPay Select physical debit card which I'm yet to receive and it's FYF.
Please update me once you receive your Debit Card. Branch placed card request long back able to view physical card details on the app. But not received the card yet.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Please update me once you receive your Debit Card. Branch placed card request long back able to view physical card details on the app. But not received the card yet.
how long?

I placed request on 14th September and still no SMS/email about card dispatch yet ... and exact same situation, I can see card details on bob world app except for CVV

avis_

TF Premier
how long?

I placed request on 14th September and still no SMS/email about card dispatch yet ... and exact same situation, I can see card details on bob world app except for CVV
I have applied on 13th Sep 2023. We are on the same boat. No SMS that the card is dispatched. When I check with customer care they are telling to wait for 15 - 20 working days.

@Abhishek012 Is there any appearance changes for the DC design. Taking quite long time.