Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 7th May 2023.
The most uncomplicated cashback card for beginners is the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. This card is so simple to understand that you really don’t need to think about anything while using it. Launched in 2018 but still is quite popular and literally, there has been no devaluation on the same to date.
So let’s have a quick look at what this card offers!
Charges and Welcome Benefits
|Welcome Benefits||₹200 APay Balance (Varies)|
|Add-on Card Charges||No add-on card facility.|
So you actually get paid on applying for an LTF credit card here!
|Category||Prime Account||Non-Prime Account|
|Shopping on Amazon India* (Physical Goods)||5%||3%|
|Shopping on Amazon India (Physical books, Kindle e-books and Audible audiobooks), bill payments, mobile/DTH recharges, air ticket bookings, movie or bus tickets, and loading balance to Amazon Pay Wallet & Physical Gift Vouchers||2%||2%|
|Offline and Online Transactions||1%||1%|
|International Transactions including foreign Amazon Retail Stores||1%||1%|
- Excluding Silver, Gold, Fuel purchases, Tax Payments, and offline/online EMI transactions.
- The Prime status of only the original account to which the card is linked will be considered for rewards on physical goods. You may use the card on any Amazon account without any restrictions.
- Reward points never expire.
- 1 Reward Point = ₹1 Amazon Pay Balance.
- Rewards will be accrued and will get automatically credited as Amazon Gift Cards into the Amazon Pay balance of the card linked account at the end of the monthly billing cycle without any redemption fees.
- Though there is no limit on the reward earned, I have seen ICICI closing down card accounts for excessive usage or business spending, so make sure you control your spending on it, especially on Amazon.
- Rent Payment Surcharge – 1% + GST.
Technofino Tip: Don’t forget to use affiliate websites along with this card to jack up the reward rates.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver without any limitations.
- 3.5% + GST forex markup charges applicable.
How to Apply?
Check for an invite here by logging into your Amazon India account. Having an ICICI relationship does help and may help you generate your card instantly. The application process is very smooth and the card is generally delivered to you within 2-3 days with a shared limit if you have an existing ICICI Bank credit card that too without any CIBIL enquiry.
But if you are not having an ICICI relationship then they may ask you for income documents with an ITR of at least ₹4.8LPA and a video KYC will be done. Also, the rejection rate is also quite good so make sure you give all the documents in one go.
I would certainly recommend this to everyone, especially after the recent devaluation of HDFC 5X Smartbuy on Amazon. So if you don’t a premium card from HDFC then this card is ideal for all the Amazon spends. This card won’t work on ICICI sales on other websites. Hence it’s better to get another card like the ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature from ICICI through the expressions card route. Since ICICI Bank allows you to hold its complete portfolio of cards so it won’t be a problem to get as many cards as you want.
Even for premium cardholders, this can be a good addition to their plastic collection!
Are you using an Amazon Pay ICICI card? Please share in the comments below how you make the most of it!
Chief Editor, TechnoFino.
Personal finance nerd! Physics enthusiast and trainer. When not into Physics, he is minting points and hunting for the next best credit card for himself.