• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Zero Balance Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account | RuPay Platinum Debit Card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Zero Balance Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account | RuPay Platinum Debit Card:

Note - account on-boarding will start from April, 2024.

Link:

Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account​

Experience the convenience of new age banking with our Zero Balance Account, designed to simplify your financial journey.

Earn high interest rates of up to 7.75%* PA with Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account.

What’s more! Despite a zero balance Account, the Bank in partnership with Niyo offers Co-Branded Debit Cards of two variants with RuPay.

1. RuPay Contactless International Platinum Debit Card
2. RuPay Contactless International Classic Debit Card
To make transactions even more effortless, the RuPay Debit Card comes equipped with Tap & Pay functionality.

Benefits -

• Complete Digital Account Opening Process on NiyoX App
  • Zero Balance Account
  • Instant Generation of Virtual Debit Card & On demand Physical Debit Card
  • Earn Higher Rate of interest upto 7.75% p.a*
  • Exclusive Cashback and Discount Offers
  • Lounge Access at Domestics Airports
Fees & Charges -

• Video KYC is completely Free
  • Zero minimum balance/non-maintenance fee
  • For complete details on fees & charges , Please Click here
Interest Rate -

Balance in ₹Rate of Interest w.e.f 1stNovember 2023
Balance up to ₹ 1 Lakh4.00% p.a.
Incremental Balance above ₹ 1 Lakh up to ₹ 5 Lakhs6.25% p.a.
Incremental Balance above ₹ 5 Lakhs up to ₹ 50 Lakhs7.50% p.a.
Incremental Balance above ₹ 50 Lakhs up to ₹ 10 Crore7.25% p.a.
Incremental Balance above ₹ 10 Crore upto ₹ 50 Crore7.50% p.a.
Incremental Balance above ₹ 50 Crore7.75% p.a.
* T&C Apply

*Important Point: No Additional Interest Rate for Senior Citizen.

RuPay Classic Contactless International Debit Card -

Issuance/annual fee - Rs250

RuPay Platinum Contactless International Debit Card -

Issuance/annual fee - Rs300

FAQs​

What is an Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account ?

Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account is a Digitally opened Savings Account offered by Utkarsh Small Finance Bank in collaboration with Niyo.

What are the features of the Utkarsh Niyo Account ?

Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account comes with all the digital experience and exciting features:
● A Complete Digital Onboarding Process with easy access to banking features via the NiyoX mobile App.
● Zero Balance Account with Nil Maintenance Charges
● Higher Rate of Interest on Savings Account Balance as per Bank’s Current Rate
● Instant Generation of RuPay Classic Virtual Card – Free of cost [only for E-Com]
● One App to manage all your Debit Cards,transaction limits, beneficiary management and fund transfers.
● Exclusive Domestic Airport Lounge Access [One Per Quarter] for RuPay Contactless International Platinum Debit Card Holders
● Exclusive feature to get your mobile number as a part of your Account number*
● Debit Card with Tap & Pay along with Global Acceptance**
● 5 Cheque Leaves, Free of Cost
● A super-user-centric App with enhanced security to control and monitor transactions.
● 24*7 access to the support team via Chat
*Your registered mobile number [used for Account opening] will be used in your 16-digit Account number **Bank will levy applicable forex charges on international transactions

How can I open the Utkarsh Niyo Savings Account ?

We are offering a complete Digital Savings Account opening process, please download the Niyo X App and follow the below-mentioned steps:
● Complete the full KYC with Aadhaar, PAN Card, and the video KYC method.
● Your Account will be ready with a virtual card to use for online transactions.
● You can choose to apply for a physical Debit Card to transact at a POS or ATM.

What documents do I need to complete the video KYC ?

Video KYC process is quite easy. Please keep the following documents available with you before starting the call.
● Original PAN Card
● A white sheet of paper and a blue ball pen.
● A device [mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop] with good internet speed.

Last edited:

Strange

TF Legend
Yes, as I already holding Equitas with Niyox, there is no option.
I had an Equitas online savings account years ago, but it got closed because I didn't complete the full KYC. When NiyoX was launched, I tried to open account but I was unable to open NiyoX Equitas savings account as it showed me as an existing customer and didn't allow me to complete the account opening process. This time, I successfully opened NiyoX Utkarsh SFB savings account.

@Abhishek012 They issued a Rupay JCB classic debit card with BIN 353613. I tried to do transactions on Mobikwik and Amazon Pay, but it didn't work even after enabling Ecom transactions.

@dvader can you confirm if you are able to do Ecom/online transactions using the debit card?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I had an Equitas online savings account years ago, but it got closed because I didn't complete the full KYC. When NiyoX was launched, I tried to open account but I was unable to open NiyoX Equitas savings account as it showed me as an existing customer and didn't allow me to complete the account opening process. This time, I successfully opened NiyoX Utkarsh SFB savings account.

@Abhishek012 They issued a Rupay JCB classic debit card with BIN 353613. I tried to do transactions on Mobikwik and Amazon Pay, but it didn't work even after enabling Ecom transactions.

@dvader can you confirm if you are able to do Ecom/online transactions using the debit card?
Wow! Account opening started ? Maine April se suna tha hoga.

Shayad abhi tak sahi se integration na kiya ho.

dvader

TF Premier

Yeah I checked, I am able to use the card on amazon pay no issues. Since this is early access, they might still be testing things and/or doing few manual things. Don't worry wait till tuesday and it should be fixed.

Last edited:

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
For the Rupay Platinum Debit card, the cheapest and the best options are the following:
1. NSDL Jiffy (0 balance account) which has ₹5 + taxes as monthly maintenance charge: gives a virtual Rupay Platinum Debit card for free. No joining or annual charges.
2. IDFC First Bank (Any Savings account, Future First is a 0 balance account for students): ₹100 issuance charge for the Rupay Platinum FirstTap. No annual charges.

But as someone rightly pointed out, all this makes sense only if Amazon utility offer is continued/similar useful offer is provided.

doraemon

TF Legend
For the Rupay Platinum Debit card, the cheapest and the best options are the following:
1. NSDL Jiffy (0 balance account) which has ₹5 + taxes as monthly maintenance charge: gives a virtual Rupay Platinum Debit card for free. No joining or annual charges.
2. IDFC First Bank (Any Savings account, Future First is a 0 balance account for students): ₹100 issuance charge for the Rupay Platinum FirstTap. No annual charges.

But as someone rightly pointed out, all this makes sense only if Amazon utility offer is continued/similar useful offer is provided.
My college is not in their list for future first
Any way to convince them for this account

I can provide one time initial funding of good amount

ritwik2000

TF Premier

Nsdl jiffy app doesn't work on my phone sadly

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
My college is not in their list for future first
Any way to convince them for this account

I can provide one time initial funding of good amount
Based on what I am reading on this forum, it seems that they have starting taking ID card seriously. When I opened it in december 2023, after the account got opened, the IDFC employee asked me if I could show him my ID card and said that he just wanted to see how it 'looks.'

But still, I think a good initial funding can get you that account.

dvader

TF Premier
do equitas higher variant accounts give ruplat?? If i remember correctly equitas lets you open elite online, I saw an option to select the account type in online process few months back.

These guys dont charge maintainance fee and arent downgrading too. again this is a vague memory and I could be wrong.