• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Your opinion about the new ads on TF Community

akshayhs

TF Ace
Why don't you create a separate VPA and put it's QR code in the footer so people can rather donate to the upkeep of the forum? Sure, I'm not forcing anyone anything. But people who can will do. Maybe you can give a badge to indicate forum supporter or anything else that makes sense.

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Why don't you create a separate VPA and put it's QR code in the footer so people can rather donate to the upkeep of the forum? Sure, I'm not forcing anyone anything. But people who can will do. Maybe you can give a badge to indicate forum supporter or anything else that makes sense.
A donation based option will be good. Also have you considered a paid subscription? Similar to the rml forum. Someone willing to pay an annual amount for eg gets ad-free + some specific groups and forum access.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
A donation based option will be good. Also have you considered a paid subscription? Similar to the rml forum. Someone willing to pay an annual amount for eg gets ad-free + some specific groups and forum access.
+1

+1

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
I am using the default Chrome browse, which does not have an ad blocker installed. However, I keep seeing a pop-up on my screen from @TechnoFino .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_165653_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_165653_Chrome.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 27

nigameash

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I for one would like an option to opt out of ads in return for a yearly/one-time fee similar to how other forums have that option implemented.

I’m happy to support the site, just not by viewing ads 😂

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@TechnoFino I know ads are one of the major ways to fund a free website, but please don’t put such banners like attached image. It maybe my personal opinion but hear me out.

I use adblocker at DNS level, to block ads across all my apps/browsing experiences. I cannot exclude technofino from not being blocked. And it gets a bit annoying to get this popup on every click.

I personally wouldn’t go back to seeing ads on all my apps in favour of using technofino. I would ultimately use technofino only when I absolutely need it closing this popup every time (if that is what the final state is). Me like many other users have started using technofino just like reddit/twitter - mindlessly reading threads about the problems and solutions, but this change will make me go back to using it like stackoverflow.

With all due respect, I know you would not care about one user. But I believe many users would agree with me. Ads feel annoying to many of us, and we are ready to pay to avoid ads if it’s a reasonable amount. Why not consider that an option?

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 22

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
@TechnoFino I know ads are one of the major ways to fund a free website, but please don’t put such banners like attached image. It maybe my personal opinion but hear me out.

I use adblocker at DNS level, to block ads across all my apps/browsing experiences. I cannot exclude technofino from not being blocked. And it gets a bit annoying to get this popup on every click.

I personally wouldn’t go back to seeing ads on all my apps in favour of using technofino. I would ultimately use technofino only when I absolutely need it closing this popup every time (if that is what the final state is). Me like many other users have started using technofino just like reddit/twitter - mindlessly reading threads about the problems and solutions, but this change will make me go back to using it like stackoverflow.

With all due respect, I know you would not care about one user. But I believe many users would agree with me. Ads feel annoying to many of us, and we are ready to pay to avoid ads if it’s a reasonable amount. Why not consider that an option?
Please allow us sometime, we are looking for alternatives for supporting our IT expenses.
Thanks for your feedback :)

insight

TF Ace
There's decent SLIM ones and there's BIG BLOATED ones. Would you like us to Screenshot and share the Good, the Bad and the UGLY?

insight

TF Ace
Hello TFCians,

We wanted to address an important matter regarding ads on TFC. We previously made a promise not to display any ads on our platform. However, as our community continues to grow, we have realized that we need to generate revenue to support its development and enhancement.

In order to improve our community, including features like the search section, new technology, and other enhancements, we have made the decision to introduce two Google ads. These ads will be displayed in a non-intrusive manner, with one on the side banner of the homepage and the other on the thread view page. We want to assure you that we have not added any in-page or pop-up ads, as we understand how annoying they can be.

We value your feedback and opinion on this matter. Please feel free to share your thoughts with us.

Thank you for being a part of our growing community.

Best regards,
Sumanta Mandal
Are you sure you want these kind of Big Idiotic Ads here? @TechnoFino - And I have zero interest in wedding pictures or "graphic read" bakeries.
1691931077194.png