• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Reserv + 3X Subscription Plan

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new card to complement my Infinia. The main goal is to increase the rewards rate for a few lakhs of donations towards NGOs (both Indian and International). BOGO on movies, and rewards on rental and UPI transactions will be great to have but not necessary.

I recently came across the YES Reserv card, along with the 3X subscription offer for all spends. The following is how I see the reward rates:
  • 9% Points on Online Shopping (except on Select categories)**
  • 4.5% Points on Offline Shopping (except on Select categories)
  • 2.25% Points on Select categories
Assuming 25 paise per RP redemption rate, for flights and hotels.

The 9% rewards rate seems just too good to be true. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed true, then why is this not the most talked about card for Forex transactions?

P.S: I don't mind paying the annual fee given the rewards.

drsel

TF Legend
Yes Reserv 5x
The maximum 'return' on any of the Yes cards is 9% on Yes Reserv 5x (only on online travel dining fashion and Healthcare), that too after paying high subscription fees of 5900!

But you can get this 9% return only if you use the points to buy air tickets, otherwise the return drops to 3.6% for Amazon pay or 5.4% for other vouchers.

So effectively, using this card ONLY for online travel, dining Healthcare and fashion give you a 9% return ONLY on buying air tickets, that too after spending 5900 on subscription.

But getting 9% return is peanuts when Magnus Burgundy gives you 24% return on all air tickets, with ZERO markup and ZERO convenience fee

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Yes Reserv 3x
The maximum 'return' on Yes Reserv 3x is 6% for online spends ( but some categories are excluded), that too after paying high subscription fees of 4130!

But you can get this 6% return only if you use the points to buy air tickets, otherwise the return drops to 2.4% for Amazon pay or 3.6% for other vouchers.

So effectively, using this card ONLY for selective online spends give you a 6% return ONLY on buying air tickets, that too after spending 4130 on subscription.

But getting 6% return is peanuts when Magnus Burgundy gives you 24% return on all air tickets, with ZERO markup and ZERO convenience fee

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Comparing 2360+5900=8260-2000(reward points)=6260rs. card with

10L balance @ 3.5% interest + 35,400 fee doesn't seem fair.

If we consider QAB and Annual Fee, will m4b still provides 24% @drsel ?
I have it lifetime free with a 30 lacs fixed deposit giving me 7.5% interest payable monthly.
You anyway need to have some money in fixed deposits for guaranteed stable income

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
This logic eliminates the 95%+ card.
Good Campaign for Magnus Burgundy
Yes absolutely!
there is no point discussing cards which have such low returns.
Or worse still, you have to pay subscription fees in order to get such low returns, that too only in select categories with restrictions.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
I have it lifetime free with a 30 lacs fixed deposit giving me 7.5% interest payable monthly.
You need to have some money in fixed deposits for stability

on serious (to improve card portfolio purpose), and out of curious

any card either matches or better than M4B in your list?

24% seems unbeatable and this is the only card that I'm aware, so checking if we missed any..

Reactions: SSV

drsel

TF Legend

24% seems unbeatable and this is the only card that I'm aware, so checking if we missed any..
Old Magnus Also give 25000 points every month on Rs 100000 spend which gave a 44% return.
it was absolutely crazy!

drsel

TF Legend

There is standard chartered Ease my trip which gives 20% discount on hotels and 10% discount on flights but with limitations.
Axis Airtel card gives 25% cashback on Airtel bills, 250 on 1000 every month

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
There is standard chartered Ease my trip which gives 20% discount on hotels and 10% discount on flights but with limitations.

Cleartrip gives 25 to 35% discount on domestic and international hotels with various cards of Kotak, PNB, AU, Canbank etc

Axis Airtel card gives 20% cashback on Airtel bills, 300 on 1500 every month

thanks. so 20% if we get that, that is good and comparable to m4b.

my expectation till now upto 10% only, will check.

airtel is 10-14% only with those accelarated cashback categories and to waive annual fee or spend 2L.

But, so far now, M4B has no competition (Ofcouse one has to keep balance in savings or fds and loose better intest to get 24% which may possible only through international travel on best effort basis and have to find best dates to book award flights anycase I can only talk related to this once I keep 30L savings or fd, till then Magnus best).

And that old magnus you mentioned no longer exist, so not considered.

EMT has cashback limit problem, will check if they changed anything.

Last edited:

Amrish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Has anybody got this card through offline application mode and through c2c.
I was only getting approved for marquee on the website. I sent a mail and they have agreed to process application for Reserv through the offline modem just wondering if it will be better to take the c2c route or salary slip route

Melungeon

TF Buzz
I realise that for most use cases this is not a great 3x subscription plan but I have to make two insurance premium payments of 5L yearly. If I'm right, each of those gets me 15000 regular points and 30000 bonus points. That's about 11k INR worth in total. I was using Amazon ICICI so far and that gives me 5k worth of APay balance. Isn't paying 4130 Rs for the 3x subscription worth it for me for this alone? Are there in general better cards to pay insurance premia with? Most seem to no longer reward that at all.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes Reserv 5x
The maximum 'return' on any of the Yes cards is 9% on Yes Reserv 5x (only on online travel dining fashion and Healthcare), that too after paying high subscription fees of 5900!

But you can get this 9% return only if you use the points to buy air tickets, otherwise the return drops to 3.6% for Amazon pay or 5.4% for other vouchers.

So effectively, using this card ONLY for online travel, dining Healthcare and fashion give you a 9% return ONLY on buying air tickets, that too after spending 5900 on subscription.

But getting 9% return is peanuts when Magnus Burgundy gives you 24% return on all air tickets, with ZERO markup and ZERO convenience fee
Agree to your point.
Just checking and no offence, why are you promoting M4B so much? same post in diff threads: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/devaluation-of-yes-bank-reserv-card.22701/post-536570