• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

wrong contact details updated to my cibil report with out my permission

danish

TF Ace
hi today i checked my cibil report and i saw that a wrong number is added as a home number in my cibil report , how can cibil add a wrong number to my report with out my permission

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

helloworld

TF Legend
Did you gave that number as reference contact to one of your loan applications etc. Only then its possible to present there.

Note: Contact section in CIBIL doesn't necessarily your numbers but any of the number present in that loan/credit application.

If you still fee there is a mistake and that number no way pass through you, file dispute and find which bank reported and corrected from there.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
hi today i checked my cibil report and i saw that a wrong number is added as a home number in my cibil report , how can cibil add a wrong number to my report with out my permission
Is it a proper number or some invalid junk number??
Either way it’s no big issue

danish

TF Ace
Did you gave that number as reference contact to one of your loan applications etc. Only then its possible to present there.

Note: Contact section in CIBIL doesn't necessarily your numbers but any of the number present in that loan/credit application.

If you still fee there is a mistake and that number no way pass through you, file dispute and find which bank reported and corrected from there.
i went to file dispute but it is asking to buy membership as my cibil report in old in thier website , it is telling to refresh my cibil report and then i can file a dispute , and to refresh my cibil report it is asking to buy membership

Riya

TF Ace
You have wrong address but I had a vague derogatory remark in my credit report... Inconsistent address
All just because sometimes applications doesn't allow special characters, or need extra unnecessary fields to be filled where same thing is written twice or any useless landmark...
Infact my contact number is inconsistent due to +91 and 0 ahead of my number in some places 🤣🤣
I have as many as 10 different addresses with a comma or dash or slash extra or missing 🤣🤣🤣

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
SBI has updated wrong address details of mine in my CIBIL for a card account that I held with them earlier and has been closed since 2020. Even CIBIL closed the dispute without doing anything. SBI is just something else 🤦

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
SBI has updated wrong address details of mine in my CIBIL for a card account that I held with them earlier and has been closed since 2020. Even CIBIL closed the dispute without doing anything. SBI is just something else 🤦
Similar case, They gave the wrong phone number in my case. One digit is different.
Had raised a CIBIL dispute, they closed it and asked to contact SBI. will be doing this. I suggest the same for you.

danish

TF Ace
finally after 3 months the wrong address was removed from my cibil , evening after complaining to rbi the nbfc which updated the wrong address , would say that they have initiated the process to update the address , and would tell me to wait for 30 days to reflect in cibl report and even after waiting 30 days nothing happened the wrong address was still there in my cibil report and they would close the complain which i made via rbi ombudsman saying that they have resolved my problem , after 30 days when the problem was not i had to complain to rbi again , they would again falsely claim that they have resolved the problem , finally after my thrid complain to rbi ombudman , recently i received a call from rbi , i told them the whole story , with in 3 days the problem solved , the address also removed and the cibil inquiry also , this is rbi power

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have the same home address reported in 8 different ways in CIBIL. Even the residence code has “Owner”, “Tenant” others, so that entire thing is botched up !

Don’t bother with the profile section in your CIBIL report, else you will be wasting your time.