• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which is the best app for opening demat account?

joyvictor

TF Buzz
I want to know the best app or banking site for opening a demate account. Most importantly with low charges.

Edit: I am a beginner and leaner.

Last edited:

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Zerodha is super lightweight and also provides sister apps like sensibull and coin for different purposes. Also as mentioned above, varsity is super helpful in learning basics of trading

bugmenot

TF Ace
I am using Zerodha and never faced any issue. Their communications and apps are really good, totally spam free. Other than that, Upstox and Angel One seem good.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I opened a Zerodha account and never looked back since. Their office is literally walking distance for me (not that it matters anyway).

Proffesor

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Zerodha is best. It has many features that most brokers are not offering like keeping track of your family or friends portfolio and u can even gift the shares upto 50k per year to anyone having zerodha account. It's UI is the best.

tarungupta

TF Neo
There are several demat apps that you can use to open a demat account in India. Some popular options include:

Zerodha Kite: This app allows you to open a demat account and trade stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.

Upstox: This app allows you to open a demat account and trade stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.

5Paisa: This app allows you to open a demat account and trade stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.

Angel Broking: This app allows you to open a demat account and trade stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.

Sharekhan: This app allows you to open a demat account and trade stocks, mutual funds, and other securities.

It's a good idea to compare the features and fees of several different apps before deciding which one is the best fit for you. You may also want to consider factors such as the reputation of the brokerage firm and the user-friendliness of the app.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
Finvasia if you are looking into options etc + 0 charges

Saved me 2.8L worth of brokerage

Zerodha for delivery

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I want to know the best app or banking site for opening a demate account. Most importantly with low charges.

Edit: I am a beginner and leaner.
groww for your use case.
they have no maintenance charges for normal trading and mf.
brokerage charges might be higher than other platforms but if you are a beginner and just want to invest a little bit every now and then, then groww is good.

There are many good options available to open Demat account in India. Some of the popular platforms include Zerodha, Upstox, Angel Broking, ICICI Direct, and HDFC Securities. These platforms offer low fees, user-friendly interfaces, and a range of tools and resources to help beginners get started with investing.

Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best platform for your needs:

Brokerage Charges: Look for a platform that offers low brokerage charges. Some platforms offer zero brokerage on delivery trades, which can be a great benefit for long-term investors.

Account Opening Charges: Check for any account opening charges or annual maintenance charges, as these can add to the overall cost of maintaining the account.

User Interface: Look for a platform with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, especially for beginners.

Educational Resources: Some platforms offer a range of educational resources, such as tutorials and webinars, to help beginners get started with investing.

Customer Support:
Good customer support is important for any trading platform. Look for a platform that offers responsive customer support through multiple channels, such as phone, email, and chat.
Based on these factors, Zerodha and Upstox are two popular platforms for opening a Demat account in India. They offer low brokerage charges and user-friendly interfaces, and have a range of educational resources to help beginners get started with investing. Other platforms, such as Angel One, ICICI Direct, AsthaTrade, and HDFC Securities, also offer low fees and other features that can be beneficial for beginners.

baheria

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Zerodha is the best! If looking for demat with zero AMC and per trade charges then can go for SAS ONLINE

Stargod

TF Premier
1. Zerodha is best for pro users who regularly trades or invest good amount.
  • amc is Rs 354
  • delivery trade is 0 charges.
2. Upstox is also for pro users but best for Irregular investors with zerodha like advanced features.
  • amc is 0 LTF
  • delivery trade is 2.5% upto Rs 20
  • Referral Benefit
3. Groww is good for Inexperienced/newbie investors
  • amc is 0 LTF
  • delivery trade is 0.5% upto Rs 20
  • Referral Benefit
DM for Guidance.

gabzvee

TF Buzz
Zerodha is AWESOME from what I've heard, but from a ease of use POV, Groww is a beast! I set up my Groww account in less than 15mins when I was starting out as a total noob... Everything is beginner friendly and intuitive...
Zerodha has a few advanced options though, so in case you want an unmatch variety of options, Zerodha is your choice, if UI and ease of use, the Groww for sure