• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC SKY Demat

Legionomous

TF Buzz
Does anyone know if there are any benefits to opening an HDFC Demat account (SKY Investment) for HDFC Preferred account holder? I think AMC charges are waived off for Demat account which I believe is HDFC Securities but not certain about SKY Investing app.

Vishal N

TF Select
Does anyone know if there are any benefits to opening an HDFC Demat account (SKY Investment) for HDFC Preferred account holder? I think AMC charges are waived off for Demat account which I believe is HDFC Securities but not certain about SKY Investing app.
HDFC SKY has more charges than discount brokers like zerodha.

Basic rule of investing is you shouldn't do anything with bank. Whatever they suggest will have commission and it'll reduce your returns.

Mutual funds on HDFC sky are commission mutual funds, where HDFC earns a commission.

By saving simple hundreds of rupees on AMC, you will lose lakhs due to returns lost due to commission after years of compounding

its_karan

TF Ace
any benefits
30 Day Brokerage Free thats it
1715029375008.png
for HDFC Preferred account holder
Not necessary for Preferred

Even if you are Standard then also check Offers Tab

If there is Offer, HDFC is liable to give
if there are any benefits to opening an HDFC Demat account (SKY Investment) for HDFC Preferred account holder
I have told this Time and again

The Demat with Preferred/Imperia is by HDFC Bank(Ac opened Online NSDL, Offline CDSL on demand)​
And Trading by HDFC Securities​

While, HDFC Sky is
The Demat(CDSL only)​
And Trading by HDFC Securities(under the disguise of HDFC Sky)​

Sky waise bhi FYF hai in Demat charges.

I opened my demat with Preferred, the experience was poor.

If still want to go, Use HDFC Sky stand alone without it being tied up with any other product and taht too only for Indian Direct Equity(No MF, No Foreign Equity, ignore free research reports)

Last edited: