• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's your investment strategy?

ichiranjeeb

TF Select
When I started my investment journey, I looked at all available options. These are the most prominent options that I found.

1. Direct Stock
  2. Mutual Fund
  3. Fixed Deposit
  4. National Pension System (NPS)
  5. EPF/PPF (Employee/Public Provident Fund)
  6. Sovereign gold bonds (SGBs)
  7. Peer to Peer (P2P, Ex: Cred Mint)
  8. Crypto
So, I started my investment by buying some stocks and then making an index fund SIP. After that, I did something unthinkable, I made an FD, which is not a sought-after investment instrument nowadays. But I did that via OneCard. I got an FD-based credit card for my brother which was my primary objective but in that process, I also got a return that was better than traditional banks. I have NPS, but I opened it only for testing purposes. I have EPF and I have made some investments in P2P via Cred Mint.

In the case of Crypto, I invested some amount in BTC and some in ETH via CoinDCX. But recently I found a new startup called Flint that gives 13% fixed returns by investing in Crypto. The startup is founded by some ex-Cred engineers. So, for testing purposes invested some there.

Some other investment instruments that I have in my bucket list:

- Apart from that, there is the private equity market which is not available in NSE or BSE. So, I was searching for a platform that will allow me to participate in the private market, and recently I found a startup called Leadoff. I just received the invitation code a few days back. Have not made an investment yet.
- Then there is Bond Market. That was untouchable for middle-class Indians. But now Wint Wealth has made it possible for us to participate in that as well. I have not made investments in Bonds yet. But will do that soon.

Please share your investment process so that we can learn something.

shubhamaggarwal

TF Select
Thanks for sharing.

Here's my investment process.

- Invest 20k in index funds.
- 5-10% in crypto. Currently, using Wazirx because they charges less fees on withdrawals.
- Taken my first credit card against FD from Kotak.
- Invest few bucks in stock market directly, but it's not cup of my tea. So, I have stopped doing direct investments.

nimbus2000

TF Buzz
Hello, I am looking to invest for the short term (2-3 years). Which would be the best instrument/combination of instruments for this goal of mine? Thanks in advance!

ichiranjeeb

TF Select

AllSeeker

TF Ace
With the exception of last two I've certain % of my wealth distributed everywhere.

That % is decided based on your risk profile, when I was doing my MBA, we had worked on developing system for that, never came to fruition but it did give me an idea about how to go about my business without trying to copy / follow others.

Just my 2c.

Sammoka

TF Buzz
There are few things I look for my investments,
1. Is it able to beat inflation 6.07% in India while 7.9% in US, I still consider 7.5-7.9% for this primary evaluation.
2. Is is able to beat the stock market Index, Nifty 50 or Sensex.
3. Am I able to beat all the sectoral indices and what can be the next best strategy.
Many more such pointers but in essence the approach is a top down one allowing you find the best of the best.

asen

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Credit Card Expert
People who are looking for some alternate crypto investment. They can consider an app like Pillow. Which provides good interest (approx apy 17.6%) for deposit of stable coins like USDT or USDC. If you are already holding such stable coins in some exchange can move those to Pillow and earn some good interest.

CE5B38B9-98F3-45E9-AA65-5CA0F95A4F38.jpeg

If you need referral can DM me.