• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's your credit card(s) bill generation date? Is it random?

raghavx

TF Select
Is it possible to have a bill generation date of our own choice? If yes, then can we do it with every bank? I was thinking to have a common date on all of my cards so that I could know when I have to pay plus how much my total credit card expenses are going.

What about you all? :D

zealot

TF Premier
Is it possible to have a bill generation date of our own choice? If yes, then can we do it with every bank? I was thinking to have a common date on all of my cards so that I could know when I have to pay plus how much my total credit card expenses are going.

What about you all? :D
I am holding ICICI Card. ICICI allows you to change bill generation date. Once you have changed bill date, there is 6 months cooling period for next change.

cherryj1988

TF Select
Depends on your end goal. If u want to have longer interest free periods of credit, have ur bill dates spread across.
For example, if u have a HDFC bill that gets generated on 15th of the month and u need to purchase something on the 10th, u get a short interest free period. If u have say another bank which has a bill generation on the 30th of the month, u can rather do ur 10th purchase on the other card instead of hdfc.

Or follow the end of the month across cards to follow the bank reporting standard.