• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's the best bank for home Loan

myUser1878

TF Buzz
Hi, I'm planning to get a home loan in the next 6-12 months. I know it's a bit early but based on your experiences what's the best bank to get a home loan from. HDFC is cheaper than SBI but SBI seems more genuine in terms of rate hikes in the future.
I also know folks that have an SBI loan with 9.1+ ROI while HDFC is under 9.0 still. So a little confused on this. Please share your experiences with these banks.
Also I'm getting a pre-approved loan offer from ICICI with 8.9 ROI and some extra charges. Is that option also good ?

manas_rock

TF Select
Hi, I'm planning to get a home loan in the next 6-12 months. I know it's a bit early but based on your experiences what's the best bank to get a home loan from. HDFC is cheaper than SBI but SBI seems more genuine in terms of rate hikes in the future.
I also know folks that have an SBI loan with 9.1+ ROI while HDFC is under 9.0 still. So a little confused on this. Please share your experiences with these banks.
Also I'm getting a pre-approved loan offer from ICICI with 8.9 ROI and some extra charges. Is that option also good ?
If am at 8.8 with HDFC.
HDFC had raised the rate to 9.1 for me. I sent them a simple mail.. That bank of baroda had offered me to transfer loan at 8.8.
They simply matched the offer without any question.

Btw, there was no real offer. I never checked with any other bank.. Nor wanted to do any paperwork of transfer.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
If am at 8.8 with HDFC.
HDFC had raised the rate to 9.1 for me. I sent them a simple mail.. That bank of baroda had offered me to transfer loan at 8.8.

Btw, there was no real offer. I never checked with any other bank.. Nor wanted to do any paperwork of transfer.
My Axis home loan is running at 9.1 and BOB , HDFC offering me 8.5.
I am planning to shift it to BOB
As it is a govt Bank.
and I heard that when RBI decreases repo rate, private banks charges 3 or 4k to reduce ROI. But govt banks don't charge any fees.

sv004

TF Premier
If am at 8.8 with HDFC.

Trust me bob wl never give u loan. They will keep u bsy in document process and finally deny

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Kotak... aggressive on rates.. good service, transparent.. also you can keep negotiating rates after you take the loan... LICHFL is also aggressive on rates but service later is v poor..

Hemu

TF Buzz
If am at 8.8 with HDFC.

May I know how you negotiated with out paying any convention charges with HDFC as I asked them in a such a way that I will transfer my home loan from hdfc to another entity and they are ready to initiate the transfer in my case and asks for extra money to share the document list which are held with HDFC.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
May I know how you negotiated with out paying any convention charges with HDFC as I asked them in a such a way that I will transfer my home loan from hdfc to another entity and they are ready to initiate the transfer in my case and asks for extra money to share the document list which are held with HDFC.
they will negotiate.. via the retention team.. just like when u tell them u want to cance your card.. finally the decision is yours.. negotiate hard.. Bank of Maharashta is @ 8.4% for HL...( ltv will be lower).. all the best

techsearch

TF Select
If am at 8.8 with HDFC.

how much time did they take to change rate ? was it done in a week ?

I would suggest two of best Home loan products from AXIS.

In which on regular EMI payment AXIS "waives off whopping 12 EMI's."
Interest rates are also almost same as others.

1. Axis Shubh Aarambh

2.. Axis Fast Forward

Go check Out...

Nemesis

TF Premier
I would suggest two of best Home loan products from AXIS.

In which on regular EMI payment AXIS "waives off whopping 12 EMI's."
Interest rates are also almost same as others.

1. Axis Shubh Aarambh

2.. Axis Fast Forward

Go check Out...
Lol seems fishy... In longterm if banks don't change the rate to be in line with market... They profit more than what they give in 12 EMI

Lol seems fishy... In longterm if banks don't change the rate to be in line with market... They profit more than what they give in 12 EMI

Nothing Fishy, Myself have the loan with axis.

Rates are keeps changing with RBI repo rate changes, like all other banks do.

Only thing is..

Axis is rewarding there customers with 12 EMI's off who pays their EMI's on time.

Which other banks don't.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes this is best
This is an OD loan.. where u have to park money in the account and interest will not be charged for that amount.. only for people who have idle cash to keep in an OD account for some days / months regularly... its not a regular loan.. it will also be higher on interest rate... pls. do study the product well...

This is an OD loan.. where u have to park money in the account and interest will not be charged for that amount.. only for people who have idle cash to keep in an OD account for some days / months regularly... its not a regular loan.. it will also be higher on interest rate... pls. do study the product well...
yes if you are salaried person .. as soon as salary comes park your money here and keep spending from this account to save on intreset